Painted my Ram matte black.. need some input for the "murdering out"

Anders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I painted my silver SRT-10 matte black. I just got it out of the paint booth.

I need some advice, please. What about some red pinstriping, to accent the brake calipers? Either along the sides or over the hood.. Any ideas anyone?

I will probably smoke the rear LEDs and add a Fire&ice LED underneath the tailgate to improve safety instead.

I was planning on running side exhaust, but can't find a good rear bumper withouth exhaust cutout. Anyone have a good source?

Some photos:

before:

dodgeviperbefore.jpg

After:

dodgeviper3.jpg

dodgeviper2.jpg

dodgeviper1.jpg

Looks bad ass! Do a little pin striping on the truck and also the wheels. Something suttle not too much, or over the top, or any gay swirrely crap. Also find yourself someone who does it by hand with paint, not the shitty stickers.

Check your state laws on the tails...I did mine and had the tailgate bar and Virginia State Police stopped me and said that won't cut it. Got a warning..went home and changed them back to stock.

Truck looks great!!

Need for Speed said:
Check your state laws on the tails...I did mine and had the tailgate bar and Virginia State Police stopped me and said that won't cut it. Got a warning..went home and changed them back to stock.

Truck looks great!!

OK, thanks will do.

I ran them on my old custom Excursion...and I really like them for safety, but to one his own I guess...

DSCN2779.jpg

yellowfever#154 said:
Looks bad ass! Do a little pin striping on the truck and also the wheels. Something suttle not too much, or over the top, or any gay swirrely crap. Also find yourself someone who does it by hand with paint, not the shitty stickers.

I agree with that, but hand painters are tough to come by. I get stickers laid for 50 bucks... We'll see.

I think either silver of white would look good.

What part of Michigan are you in? I am in the northern Detroit suburbs, and I have been running around with tinted tail lights close to 5 years with no problems.
Digiphotos010.jpg

Bill.

Begood said:
I think either silver of white would look good.

What part of Michigan are you in? I am in the northern Detroit suburbs, and I have been running around with tinted tail lights close to 5 years with no problems.
Digiphotos010.jpg

Bill.

I might try it... I am in Lake Orion, You?

Looks like a spy shot of a 10 in one of those magazines.

yellowfever#154 said:
Thats gotta be one of the shiniest trucks I have ever seen. What do you do to keep it looking like that?
Lots of wax, and keeping it clean at all times.

Bill.

in Los angeles as long as you can see the brake lights from 200ft cops wont bother u any... im gonna black my tails out with a stencil of the gen 3 viper logo letting light through.... just an idea if u wanna use that too

Anders, the truck looks great. Can you get some info on what paint they used and if they used any clear or anything to protect the paint. My dads really been wanting to paint his 96 ram matte black for a while now

If your interested in a duel side exit exhaust,I have a real nice Bassani side exit with flanges,never used,stainless steel with tips.

If you really want to murder it out paint those calipers black. Paint looks freaking awesome!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back