Part numbers for CF Clutch and Fidanza

vvv90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me the manufacturer's part numbers for the Centerforce Clutch and Fidanza flywheel?

Thanks!

Ah, shit I dont know. Bought mine as a complete kit from Roe Racing. Boomer and JMB sell them also. You must have the viper master/slave kit for the centerforce clutch to work properly.

patrick

Support the people that suport us.

JMB Juusin has the complete package that you need.

He is also a vendor here Roe is not. Support the people that support us.

FSTJACK said:
JMB Juusin has the complete package that you need.

He is also a vendor here Roe is not. Support the people that support us.

Since you mention it that way.....

Thought it was interesting that 1fastdumdum is taking off his roe TMTS and going with a paxton.....

He is possibly selling it , but after visiting UGR and them diagnosing some power issues, the Roe must go, not a viable solution to power:D they can t keep up with turbos;)

Uh yeah guys, I know they come in a complete kit. I may not need the whole kit though.

I have a line on really cheap OEM viper master/slave. I'm trying to see if it will be worth it.

That and I'm still up in the air about going to an aluminum flywheel. A couple people are telling me it's not good for such a heavy vehicle.

vvv90 said:
That and I'm still up in the air about going to an aluminum flywheel. A couple people are telling me it's not good for such a heavy vehicle.

I hear what your saying..................realize this, VPRPWR has run his Paxton/Nos truck down the track over a hundred times with no problems with the Fidanza lightweight flywheel and Centerforce clutch.............if he isnt the fastest RC, he is the second fastest .....(srt10x3's TT RC ran a 10 something). Point being, the flywheel will hold up. I have yet to hear of one fail in the 3 years of having my truck.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
I hear what your saying..................realize this, VPRPWR has run his Paxton/Nos truck down the track over a hundred times with no problems with the Fidanza lightweight flywheel and Centerforce clutch.............if he isnt the fastest RC, he is the second fastest .....(srt10x3's TT RC ran a 10 something). Point being, the flywheel will hold up. I have yet to hear of one fail in the 3 years of having my truck.

patrick
It's not a matter of the Fidanza failing. The argument is that the truck would be quicker in a drag race with the OEM flywheel because the heavier rotating mass will help with torque.

ViperTruck2933 said:
It's not a matter of the Fidanza failing. The argument is that the truck would be quicker in a drag race with the OEM flywheel because the heavier rotating mass will help with torque.

Agree, after a year of driving with the Fidanza, prefer the OEM heavier flywheel for every day driving and would be better at the drag strip.

I do like the Fidenza when hitting the road course or zipping up a nice canyon ;)

IF YOU WANT TO CENTERFORCE PRESSURE PLATE AND CLUTCH I CAN SELL IT FOR 550.00 PLUS SHIPPING.
P/N DF985985

ViperTruck2933 said:

Thanks Tim, I did not know that. Thats why this site rocks!!!:rock:

patrick

ViperTruck2933 said:

I've been told that AND also that a heavier flywheel is better to keep the RPM's up between shifts because such a heavy vehicle will put more stress on the drivetrain otherwise. :dontknow:

Besides, these V10's already make instant power when you stab the gas in any gear so I really don't think getting my rev's up has been a problem IN THE LEAST! :D

Mind you, I'm speaking from a street driver's experience. Drag racing is a whole 'nother ballgame.

So I've heard people have, in fact, resurfaced their OEM flywheel, is that true????

vvv90 said:
So I've heard people have, in fact, resurfaced their OEM flywheel, is that true????
Several have resurfaced. None have had issues that I am aware of. Mine will be getting resurfaced soon. :burnout:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Several have resurfaced. None have had issues that I am aware of. Mine will be getting resurfaced soon. :burnout:

Let me know how it goes. I found your other thread:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1810&highlight=resurface+flywheel

I'm curious to know what price you found for that.

How much was a new flywheel anyway?

I'm thinking I can get all 3 for a few hundred cheaper than the whole kit w/ fidanza (except of course with a stock flywheel.)

I think a new OEM flywheel is under $200. But you can get resurfaced for probably under $20.

I kept driving my stock clutch after I smoked it and it reseated. Hasn't slipped a single time on me since it smoked. Even with all the added torque of my heads/cam it's still holding strong. I'm going to the track with drag radials next week though so I don't know how much longer I'll be able to say that. :D

ViperTruck2933 said:
I think a new OEM flywheel is under $200. But you can get resurfaced for probably under $20.

I kept driving my stock clutch after I smoked it and it reseated. Hasn't slipped a single time on me since it smoked. Even with all the added torque of my heads/cam it's still holding strong. I'm going to the track with drag radials next week though so I don't know how much longer I'll be able to say that. :D

I know many have resurfaced the flywheel. I spoke to Tator Dodge a few weeks ago and he said the OEM should not be resurfaced. I did not ask why since he deals with tons of viper and trucks. but he did make the exact statement about the aluminum fidanza. You will gain instant pick up but lose torque. You will win the quick race but lose in the end. He mentioned that Dodge has an alloy flywheel for like 900 bucks. Lighter than OEM stronger than aluminum and about the same size. I think MP can get it cheaper.

My .02

As long as it's not warped or otherwise damaged I don't think it'll hurt to resurface it. You just have to make sure it only gets a little bit shaved off. If it needs alot taken off then I'd get a new OEM.

ViperTruck2933 said:
As long as it's not warped or otherwise damaged I don't think it'll hurt to resurface it. You just have to make sure it only gets a little bit shaved off. If it needs alot taken off then I'd get a new OEM.

I agree, I have personally installed 3 clutch kits in different trucks, and mine 3 times, and had them all resurfaced with no long-term effects (1 having almost 30k miles since the resurface, no chatter, etc..)

We (community, not me personally hehe) have been resurfacing flywheels for years with no problems....when you are only removing about .0005 of an inch its not an issue on a street truck :)

-Red

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back