Paxton, headers and Heat:

Django

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since they first installed my Paxton in '04, I've been told by nearly all the experts that Paxtons with headers is a no-no... The reason being the heat element... that together, they generate power robbing amounts of heat.

Dan Cragin, Mike Brady and other imminently credible sources have all given me the same advice.....

I'm wondering if the passage of time has afforded some genius sufficient opportunity to develope headers with heat sheilds or some other means to solve the problem....

Or is the story still the same..........? Anyone.......?

Thanks,

Django

My Belangers had the Ceramic Coating. The purpose of which I thought was to keep the temps down under the hood,,,, and look good.;)

I never really noticed any extra heat after they were installed.

Truck ran better, sounded waaay better, and looked damn good though!!:rock: :D :rock:

I too have coated Belangers and havent noticed any problems. It would be interesting to do a comparison of stock vs coated vs non-coated headers with the Paxton to see what differences in temperature show up.

And doesn't DC (and other companies) sell those Inconel (sp?) heat shields for headers anyway?:confused:

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
I too have coated Belangers and havent noticed any problems. It would be interesting to do a comparison of stock vs coated vs non-coated headers with the Paxton to see what differences in temperature show up.

I think the fact that DaveT is putting down 700 rwhp with headers and paxton on a stock motor says something. But what do I know, lol. :dontknow:

Belangers are coated and actually bring the underhood temps down compared to underhood temps with the stock manifolds.;)

It's a terrible idea to run both the headers and paxton. Save your truck and send me your headers ASAP. I just want you to be happy. :burnout:

PaddyOBrian said:
It's a terrible idea to run both the headers and paxton. Save your truck and send me your headers ASAP. I just want you to be happy. :burnout:
LOL, how about you all keep the headers and send me YOUR PAXTON! :rock:

:D :D :D

ViperTruck2933 said:
LOL, how about you all keep the headers and send me YOUR PAXTON! :rock:

:D :D :D

His engine is probably stressed from both applications. In order to save it he should send you the Paxton and the headers to me. :burnout:

Silverback said:
Hello Tim

I have to get, but I will give you my input in the morning.

Thanks to all for the input........ well almost all......;)

To the almosts: Why don't I just send you my truck for free.... that ought'a make ya happy.

Django

ViperTruck2933 said:
I think the fact that DaveT is putting down 700 rwhp with headers and paxton on a stock motor says something. But what do I know, lol. :dontknow:

my truck made 700 on a stock motor, paxton and stock manifolds....so it is saying something.....it is saying headers are for sound not power in this application

Nowwhat said:
my truck made 700 on a stock motor, paxton and stock manifolds....so it is saying something.....it is saying headers are for sound not power in this application

Hey Mike...........

Are you still opposed to the headers option........?

D

Silent D said:
Thanks to all for the input........ well almost all......;)

To the almosts: Why don't I just send you my truck for free.... that ought'a make ya happy.

Django

ARe you offering to pay for shipping, too. It's kinda inconvenient, I'm running out of garage room but I'll do you the favor and take the burden off your hands.

PaddyOBrian said:
ARe you offering to pay for shipping, too. It's kinda inconvenient, I'm running out of garage room but I'll do you the favor and take the burden off your hands.

Stop, your sarcasm is to funny.....No really plz stop

Is anyone running water/meth and an intercooler? I am kind of interested in the concept and Steve Holden has an extra intercooler sitting around...am I going down a blind trail?

Prof said:
Is anyone running water/meth and an intercooler? I am kind of interested in the concept and Steve Holden has an extra intercooler sitting around...am I going down a blind trail?

Well, it will lower the charge temp that much more! :rock: That's never a bad thing! :)

I ran both, works good...

I wish roe would have thought about intercooling his setup when he designed the kit; im dissapointed to say the least. Im trying to thing of some type of air/water cooler for the twin screws. Only way isnt going to be to effective, but its before the blower. Will it help? yes, just not as effectively since heat is generated after the compression.

ViperTruck2933 said:

Belangers are coated and actually bring the underhood temps down compared to underhood temps with the stock manifolds.;)

I do have the upgraded pistons...if that matters.

Silent D said:
Hey Mike...........

Are you still opposed to the headers option........?

D

you paid all that money for a paxton so you wouldn't need headers....:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back