Paxton help

Here's the pics of the BOV.

Santeen,

I don't think it matters but my BOV has the filter on top. I take it I'm still ok with that.

Also, was that heat exchanger a bolt in? Any better pictures of it with the mounting points and how you bolted it in.

Thanks.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
it has all the top notch stuff installed, actually alot more than most do , so you should be good, I cant speak for the abilities as I dont know them, but if they installed all they have listed , its good to go boss, they are LOL a touch high but it is cali, but hammer on it boss

Agree with Tony. If installed and TUNED correctly, u should be good for 12 pounds. Just keep an eye on the A/F numbers and have fun

Agree with Tony. If installed and TUNED correctly, u should be good for 12 pounds. Just keep an eye on the A/F numbers and have fun

Tony and Steve and Bobby thank you very much for taking the time to go over it I really appreciate it and Tony you will definitely get a lot of business from me in the future. So 30lbs would hold up let's say I go max 15-16 how would I go about that. Anyways thanks for all info and I will post thread for build tonight.

Tonkasmith said:
Sorry for adding to that Steve, soo Tony what would you say is the boost max safely is going 12 to 13 like Bobby going to be okay. Also I know you guys post way more then me is putting my build up as a thread okay. Not sure didn't find anyone else who has done it line by line bu didn't wann piss anyone off by overposting
Thank you

Are u still running the Paxton split second system? If so, u may wanna think about getting rid of it. Ur gonna have better results with an SCT, larger injectors and twin in-tank pumps. Especially if it planning on above 10 lbs

Tonkasmith said:
Tony and Steve and Bobby thank you very much for taking the time to go over it I really appreciate it and Tony you will definitely get a lot of business from me in the future. So 30lbs would hold up let's say I go max 15-16 how would I go about that. Anyways thanks for all info and I will post thread for build tonight.

Can't recall anyone going over 14 lbs on a Paxton. And honestly, 700 whp is way more than enough on the street. if u want more than that for the track, put a 50 shot of nos on it. The 50 shot, plus the effect it'll have on the air density, I bet will give u another 75-100 hp.

with pullies without too much trouble you should do 12-14 like toodles says, around 700hp or so, from there its a bitch to deal with,

Okay 12 pounds it is that sounds good and I know I am a Jeanie but the SCT and split system no clue at all lol soooo where should I start with doing that

Tonkasmith said:
Okay 12 pounds it is that sounds good and I know I am a Jeanie but the SCT and split system no clue at all lol soooo where should I start with doing that

The split second is what Paxton includes with their systems, to control fuel and timing. It basically just jacks the fuel pressure up a bunch and retards the timing under boost. Its a very primative set up, consisting of a control box, two external fuel pumps and a fuel pressure adjuster. With the SCT, a tuner can control fuel and timing much more precisely. Thus giving you a much more efficient tune. Problem is, you can't run a split second box and tune with an sct.

I also forgot to mention that I am running the SCT, two fuel pumps a external oil pump going to the charger so it getting more than enough oil. Last dyno # 715 RWHP and around 850 TQ. 1/4 mile track #11.5 @120 Thank you Steve for mentioning that other stuff sometimes I forget have the stuff that I had done.

Last edited:
I also forgot to mention that I am running the SCT, two fuel pumps a external oil pump going to the charger so it getting more than enough oil. Last dyno # 715 RWHP and around 850 TQ. 1/4 mile track #11.5 @120 Thank you Steve for mentioning that other stuff sometimes I forget have the stuff that I had done.

So the SCT makes sense as does the oil pump but what I wanted to know about the two fuel pumps I have seen my truck on the lift and seen the two fuel pumps should I use those or upgrade them or ???? Thanks guys

Who did the motor for you

It actually wasn't done for me, my understanding is the guy who had it before me was a big time realtor in Cali and he had performance associates in san Dimas do it. He put about 40k total into it and I guess when the market fell through he lost it. This is what the salesmen told me anyways, but they got it at auction (3 other mopars that were SC and his were there at the same time) and started the price at 40k and I bought from the same dealership almost a year down the road for under 25. I know performance associates did it because they had there sticker on the radiator support and when I called them (obviously he doesn't due many srt10s) he knew the rig verified the vin then sent me ten pages of upgrades and what not. Totally lucked out but am super happy she is mine. Short question long answer lol sorry

Tonkasmith said:
So the SCT makes sense as does the oil pump but what I wanted to know about the two fuel pumps I have seen my truck on the lift and seen the two fuel pumps should I use those or upgrade them or ???? Thanks guys

No, those are external pumps. Go to ROE's website and get their twin in-tank kit. Everything u need is in there. Very easy kit and will give you plenty of fuel, with larger injectors.

It actually wasn't done for me, my understanding is the guy who had it before me was a big time realtor in Cali and he had performance associates in san Dimas do it. He put about 40k total into it and I guess when the market fell through he lost it. This is what the salesmen told me anyways, but they got it at auction (3 other mopars that were SC and his were there at the same time) and started the price at 40k and I bought from the same dealership almost a year down the road for under 25. I know performance associates did it because they had there sticker on the radiator support and when I called them (obviously he doesn't due many srt10s) he knew the rig verified the vin then sent me ten pages of upgrades and what not. Totally lucked out but am super happy she is mine. Short question long answer lol sorry

Damn dude sounds like you got a hell of a deal! Thats the only way ill get back in a 10min is buying something built up for a steal....

Yeah totally lucked out I traded in a 2001 x5 that was leaking out of the front main seal and I cleaned that up and used Henry roofing tar gel (I know super ghetto but guys good one hundred mile fix for leaks if trading in) to contain leak and got ten for it so payment is less then the old rig as well. What shocked me was they never called the performance shop because when I went to get my plates and told my sales guy about the build he said one of the other guys supposedly called and said the shop was out of business. Who knows but I feel like I stole the thing right out from under there noses.

Steve any idea where I could find a bigger intercooler then what frozen boost sells. Like I said i know not necessary but want for the look.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back