Photography Thread

Wow, those pictures make me want to be there right now!

have ya thought bout doin any aerial shoots???

I have. I can do pole (32ft), from a multi-rotor, and airplane. :D

Can't get shots like that from anything moving. All of them are HDR.

Last edited:
Those are great. I need a favor from everyone. I'm currently in 2nd place for a Photo contest. If everyone can click on this link and then click on "Vote" I would appreciate it. You can only vote one time. Here is the link. Vote for me

If you want you can also see 3 of my videos from deployment. I got home 2 weeks ago.

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Thanks.
Summer is here. Break out the cameras.

Messing around with Photomatix pro. lmk what you think.

(This photo was taken with out a tripod an and very dirty truck. I know its not the best way to get the best picture quality just wanted to
play around with the HDR software.)

Last edited:

Tonight's Supermoon

Last night

and what the heck...... one more

Nice pics, what were your setting on the first photo?

Yea I kinda figured it looked more like a color sketch more than a picture. lol. I used tone mapping process/contrast optimizer . But when I saved the image it came out darker after I saved it. Something im doing wrong?

Pulled back on the strength and tone compression.

Last edited:
Yea I kinda figured it looked more like a color sketch more than a picture. lol. I used tone mapping process/contrast optimizer . But when I saved the image it came out darker after I saved it. Something im doing wrong?

Before you save you should have some options to bring it back up.

Nice pics, what were your setting on the first photo?

Nikon D5100 shooting RAW
10.0 sec @ f7.1 ISO 100
Using a Tokina 11.0-16.0mm f2.8 lens (my favorite lens for landscape pics)
Also using lightroom 5.6 for processing

Got some other pics of the truck with the sunset... but the truck is out of focus in every one :mad:

Nikon D5100 shooting RAW
10.0 sec @ f7.1 ISO 100
Using a Tokina 11.0-16.0mm f2.8 lens (my favorite lens for landscape pics)
Also using lightroom 5.6 for processing

I have the same Nikon, although I was shooting in jpeg. I have never shot I raw before. I plan on getting lightroom soon, awesome vid.

I have the same Nikon, although I was shooting in jpeg. I have never shot I raw before. I plan on getting lightroom soon, awesome vid.

RAW is the way to go. You can recover so much more in a photo. The video is why I started shooting RAW. So far good results. You can set the camera up to shoot RAW and jpg.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back