Picked up a ROE, need some help!!!

Rick,

I can send you the instructions if you need them and haven't gotten them from someone else yet. Also, don't forget that you need to pin the crank pulley to the shaft. Your seller might have given you the drill jig (or not) but probably not the roll pins. Sean sells the kit separately if you need it. But I really advise you to call Sean and walk through all the parts you have with him and he can send you any you are missing. Also, he can tell you things you might want to replace anyway.

Just like Steve, I highly recommend Chuck Tator if you want someone else to put it on for you. That said, I did mine myself, it's really pretty easy if your are patient, methodical and have another hand now and then.

PM me if you have questions or need advice. Depending on timing, I might even be able to stop by if you are really having a hard time with something.

In any case, best of luck.

I would start saving for a new engine. That what your going to be doing if you put that Roe on without forging the rods and pistons.

Tekhaus said:
Rick,

I can send you the instructions if you need them and haven't gotten them from someone else yet. Also, don't forget that you need to pin the crank pulley to the shaft. Your seller might have given you the drill jig (or not) but probably not the roll pins. Sean sells the kit separately if you need it. But I really advise you to call Sean and walk through all the parts you have with him and he can send you any you are missing. Also, he can tell you things you might want to replace anyway.

Just like Steve, I highly recommend Chuck Tator if you want someone else to put it on for you. That said, I did mine myself, it's really pretty easy if your are patient, methodical and have another hand now and then.

PM me if you have questions or need advice. Depending on timing, I might even be able to stop by if you are really having a hard time with something.

In any case, best of luck.

Thanks, another member has shipped me out instructions in the mail, I ordered a pin kit from ROE, I plan on doing it myself, I have about 10 years plus pulling motors apart, and installing turbos, nitrous, and superchargers, so im hoping this goes pretty smooth. I will be starting the install this Sunday, and finishing up during the week. Anyone that wants to stop by is more than welcome :rock:

Unfortunately, I'm going to be travelling next week so i won't be able to help out, but best of luck man. It's an amazing thing the firs time you open her up on the street.

As others have said... whoop, whoop!

sent you a PM but just read and sawy you already have an SCT....I am selling a VECIII but guess you don't need it:eek:

good luck with the build you will have a blast!

Rickspeed said:
Thanks, another member has shipped me out instructions in the mail, I ordered a pin kit from ROE, I plan on doing it myself, I have about 10 years plus pulling motors apart, and installing turbos, nitrous, and superchargers, so im hoping this goes pretty smooth. I will be starting the install this Sunday, and finishing up during the week. Anyone that wants to stop by is more than welcome :rock:

If I have some time off this week or over the weekend if ur still working on it I'll come give u a hand :) ....

Take it apart and put pistons in it, or you will end up like many of us with broken motors. Or just ignore us like everyone else does and then find out the hard way. Not tryin to be a dick, but just telling the truth. I found out the hard way.

yellowfever#154 said:
Take it apart and put pistons in it, or you will end up like many of us with broken motors. Or just ignore us like everyone else does and then find out the hard way. Not tryin to be a dick, but just telling the truth. I found out the hard way.

Not to be a dick either but I understand why alot are bummed that there engine blew. But I think with proper knowledge, and conservative tuning 6 psi should be no problem for this motor to handle. I do notice that there are also a good amount of members running FI for thousands of miles with no issues. Thanks for the tip though.

Rickspeed said:
Not to be a dick either but I understand why alot are bummed that there engine blew. But I think with proper knowledge, and conservative tuning 6 psi should be no problem for this motor to handle. I do notice that there are also a good amount of members running FI for thousands of miles with no issues. Thanks for the tip though.
Most of thos members taht are running thousands of miles on FI, are not doing it with a ROE. And those that are running a ROE on a stock motor, are so de-tuned that they're only putting down low 500 hp numbers. ROE boost and Paxton boost are two very different boosts. We're just looking out for ya.:)

These guys are telling ya right Rick...you might get away with it as some have but even a conservative tune with a Roe can and has blown many a engine..

Difference in the Roe & Paxton is that the Roe will be at full boost almost right off idle whereas the Paxton builds over a range of RPMs...

Would just be cheaper to replace the pistons (rods are OK for low boost) than replace a block later..

Just a warning but however you go good luck and keep us informed. And welcome to the blown by Roe club!!:rock:

FastSRT19 said:
Chuck is the man! Mine is going up to him soon for some more work. ;)

Oh, i also remember him telling me that with a Roe, it's not a matter of if a stock engine goes BOOM, it's when it goes BOOM!

:dito:

Mine is up with Chuck right now. I am scheduled to pick her up this Sat. :rock: No Roe, but plenty of other goodies done.

So you guys telling me my motor is gunna blow up forced me to call the "Viper Wzard". So I picked up the phone and called chuck tator about an hour and 1/2 ago, sorry Scott, he said he was on other line with you, lol. I explained to him my setup, and asked him what he would do to my motor to help it from not blowing. His answer was "nothing, 6psi with a good water/meth kit, and tune, you should have no problems". "But if you go 10psi your gunna have to drop about 12,000 on motor work". Great guy by the way.:rock:

I believe Roy(Prof) and MarkT had the most miles on a stock engine with a Roe. Roy decided to build his engine at a perfect time cause he found that it was ready to blow at anytime. I seen and rode in Roys truck back in 07' before he built it and it had quite a bit of blow by then. I will never forget my first ride in a SC'd 10.:rock:

THANKS ROY YOU'VE COST ME A SMALL FORTUNE!!:D

Rickspeed said:
Thanks for the positive reinforcement Jack!!! I'm sold!!! :rock:
Now imagine doing that 150 shot on a daily basis. Even if if it's just once a day. How long would his engine last spraying a 150 shot once a day? Cuz that's about how hard it would be hitting.:dontknow:

FATJACK said:
Steve, please explain why a Paxton is easier on the engine than a Roe?? 6 psi is 6 psi...

Jack the Roe goes full boost almost right off idle...the Paxton spools up over the RPM range....probably why the Roe engines have been more apt to blow...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back