pictures of Garages!

Quik_Silver

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of moving and my main concern is having a garage and i wanna have all the bells and whistles, drywall, paint, tool cabinets, checkered floor, and i was thinkin you guys probably have the nicest garages of anyone i would know! So lets see them stables, any ideas are greatly appreciated also.

Damn this was a good topic. I want to do the Checkered floor but scared I will jack it up

Not big, not fancy, but its mine and its in paradise!!!

Got the garage floor expoxy from Home Depot.

patrick

Attachments

• garage 003.jpg
    garage 003.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 119
  • wax 006.jpg
    wax 006.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 71
mauiSRT/10 said:
Not big, not fancy, but its mine and its in paradise!!!

patrick
Did you have to any kind of like acid treatment, this dude at Home depot said something about taking the slick surface off the concrete?

Awesome then i can get a sneak preview before i go ahead and do it!! i saw it on "Truck U" on the speed channel a month back and can't get it out of my mind, i'm leaning towards the lightning silver and carbon black diamond plate checkering.

http://www.instantgaragefloors.com/?gclid=CI6buo7_w5UCFQEqIgodUylhiA

also found this site, using some of the same advertising pics as speed floor so i imagine it's the same company

http://www.jnkproducts.com/daytona_flooring.htm

this last one is quite a bit less expensive also

Last edited:
Thanks to BlackKnight (Victor) for spending 2 days helping lay the tile down, and paint...We got this done in about a weekend.

-Red

Attachments

• spotapprov 044.jpg
    spotapprov 044.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 127
  • spotapprov 115.jpg
    spotapprov 115.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 104
  • spotapprov 117.jpg
    spotapprov 117.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 136
I did all of my own work and it took me about a week all together. UCoatit epoxy flooring and custom paint job. :rock:

353524.jpg

353523.jpg

353370.jpg

DSCF1548.JPG

Stripes_002.JPG

all nice spaces. i got a metal building that i do all my work in . only problem is its not tall enough for a lift. when i hit the lotto im gonna re-do it. phuggin jackstands and handjacks suck...lol

ViperTruck2933 said:
I did all of my own work and it took me about a week all together. UCoatit epoxy flooring and custom paint job. :rock:

353524.jpg

353523.jpg

353370.jpg

DSCF1548.JPG

Stripes_002.JPG
so what steps did you take, in do this preperation wise. I love the floor panel but this is beautiful, omg the options. That Floor is amazing

on epoxy paint most clean the concrete with muratic acid first

mauiSRT/10 said:

I did the same at my Mom and Dad's for them. The epoxy based floor paints work really well for small spills during normal maintenance on the vehicles. Before painting, I water blasted then applied a concrete etching formula(most likely muriatic acid formula, but there are others available). It removes the "slick" feeling and is a good prep before applying concrete primer.

I for one think the whole "checkered" garage floor theme is kinda played out. :slug:

Big Worm said:
so what steps did you take, in do this preperation wise. I love the floor panel but this is beautiful, omg the options. That Floor is amazing
I used the cleaning and preparation kit that comes with the UCoatit system. It includes degreasers and muratic acid cleaners. I ordered extra prep supplies and spent way more time than they recommended to make sure I got it perfectly clean.

Yep, you must etch the concrete before applying epoxy. If you don't get the floor absolutely CLEAN, and have a section "pop" (the coating peel up or come off), it's nearly impossible to strip all the epoxy back off the floor and do it over.... then you will have goofy patch marks all over. :puke: :eek:

I miss my old garage.... but, the next one will be better. :cool:
Picture032.jpg

Picture023.jpg

DSCF0447.jpg

RedSrt007 said:
Thanks to BlackKnight (Victor) for spending 2 days helping lay the tile down, and paint...We got this done in about a weekend.

-Red

how did you do that?? lay all the smae color time and then paint the tile or what??? that looks killer

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back