Polyurithane Bushings

sinus19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i bought the ALL of the polyurethane bushings from tony. But im getting some mix reviews on using polys for the control arms. Some say they are not worth it for a daylie due to dirt and grime getting in there and grinding them down where as with rubberr, rubber will flex and have less of a chance of grinding out. Whats your guys reviews on Poly Bushing on control arms?

I've got them in the leaf springs and control arms of both of mine, as well as the steering rack bushings and sway bars. I love them.

Do both of you drive it everyday? Also we have snow (mud, salt etc) over ehere but hopeffully this will be my last yeat year driving it in the snow.

I walk by mine everyday. No winter driving here.

It's one or the other for me, and they both have the bushings. Virginia is all over the place in the winter.

Oh i see i see. Gotcha.. well shoot... im still undecisive.

Do both of you drive it everyday? Also we have snow (mud, salt etc) over ehere but hopeffully this will be my last yeat year driving it in the snow.

polyurethane don't break down like rubber due to the elements. the tolerance is so tight your not going to get anything in there but grease to get the bushings in the control arms. You'll be fine

Had mine installed for almost 3 years now.

I got a squeak in the rear pass side bushings, greased it up and all is well.

Does the ride quality change between having rubber bushings and poly bushings?

Ask the goalie child. :burnout:

Or we could ask you, the senile halfwit - maybe you might take your tongue out of Scott's anus long enough to say something rambling and incoherent...

Last edited:
Or we could ask you, the senile halfwit - maybe you might take your tongue out of Scott's anus long enough to say something rambling and incoherent...

Hmm, you sure talk a lot about genitals and asses. I thought there was a prohibition of transgenders on this side. :dontknow:

Hmm, you sure talk a lot about genitals and asses. I thought there was a prohibition of transgenders on this side. :dontknow:

What are you rambling about now?
Your poor family... I'd say friends, but let's be honest - who the hell would choose to spend time with you.

63031_1485605577335_1149750185_32371760_7271009_n.jpg

Last edited:
Does the ride quality change between having rubber bushings and poly bushings?

When I lowered my truck it became incredibly tight and responsive.

BUT!

The ride quality on rough roads is pretty bad.

BUT!

That's what I'm experiencing too. My truck is lowered and I'm trying to figure out a way to get just a little better ride quality out of it.

BUT!

interesting. I will only be lowering the rear when i swap out the bushings. Ive been thinking about lower the front as but i am scared of the ride quality. Are you on OEM Shocks?

That's what I'm experiencing too. My truck is lowered and I'm trying to figure out a way to get just a little better ride quality out of it.

are you on OEM Shocks?

I did this to my last ram at 60000 miles. The poly bushings held up and looked great at 192,000. I have salt and mud and gravel dust, all to no detriment. Ride comfort not improved, ride quality ( planting in the corners) it was a vast improvement over stock. Tighter suspension nice steering feel.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back