Polyurithane Bushings

Oh, only problem I forgot to mention is the noise. A little grease now and then takes care of that.

I can't speak on these trucks specifically, but I love POLY bushings. But I'll sacrifice smooth soft rides for more aggressive handling and response. Durability is definitely better too. The last vehicle I did a poly upgrade on was my E46 bmw. Made a huge difference in that car, especially with the IRS.

I did this to my last ram at 60000 miles. The poly bushings held up and looked great at 192,000. I have salt and mud and gravel dust, all to no detriment. Ride comfort not improved, ride quality ( planting in the corners) it was a vast improvement over stock. Tighter suspension nice steering feel.

hmm well thats sounds like good news. I Think im going to go ahead and put Poly's in the control arms then.

i would install all the poly bushings in the kit. what shocks are you using and how many miles on them.

i would install all the poly bushings in the kit. what shocks are you using and how many miles on them.
What shocks would you suggest using with the bushings and a lowered truck?

Depends on what kind of budget your on.
There's
Cal max
Qa1
Jri(Tony's)
Ride tech
You can get bilsteins too but you to measure the lower eye bolt distance and figure out how much travel you want for a shortened shock. Ride tech is kinda the same
. Any shocks with a shorter shaft will ride better than a worn out shock or stock shock that's compressed so much that it's not traveling as it should.

Im on original OEM shocks (100k miles, bought it with 72k). Im pretty sure know they are worn out. I had asked about the rear shocks being able to handle the 1.75" drop and some of you guys had mentioned that they would be ok. (Ride quality wise)

To me th jri's are just too expensive the qa1's 60's technology so currently working w a new company to bring a happy medium also we are swapping to the black poly units there impregnated w graphite to add longevity and stay quieter longer

To me th jri's are just too expensive the qa1's 60's technology so currently working w a new company to bring a happy medium also we are swapping to the black poly units there impregnated w graphite to add longevity and stay quieter longer

Dang it, should have waited. can i return my red polys units and get the black ones for no extra costs?, i havent installed them yet :D
Also, any tricks on getting the new rubber bushings out of the upper control arms? I tried pressing them out but they only flex/stretch and cant get them out. Some have told me to simply torch/melt them out?

Get the torch out and get to burning them! :D

Get the torch out and get to burning them! :D

someone give this man a Cookie! lol. sweet i'll do that then, thanks. Oh and also, I didnt get the inner hollow-pins for the upper control arms so im assuming i will be re-using the ones from the new upper control arms?

Just a quick update.... Removing the metal sleeve bushing from the leave springs are a PITA!! I tried to cut/trim of the flared end of the bigger metal bushing sleeve and still couldnt get them out! Closest thing i had to an Oxy Torch was a propane torch. Yea that didnt help. So after 3hrs if pounding and swearing i decided to take both leave springs to my local "automotive springs & overloads"... 10 mins and $20 later.. My stress was gone! Lol.

How soon are you doing this?

Just got mine done by Tony a few weekends ago and very glad that I did, also got my sway arms replaced at the same time

To me everything seems much tighter going around turns at the posted speed :D

he also put new brakes and rotors all the way around... Very nice guy

Great to hear! I must vouch for the improvemenr as well. It is tighter and i feel more confident taking curves at faster speeds ha

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back