Possible new job?

wyoramsrt-10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I turned in a job application at a Dodge Dealership for an Assistant Service Manager. The current one is not very good Every time I have to deal with him it has not been pleasant. None of the floor salesmen thinks he does a good job. I figured I would give it a shot. Talked to the dealership manager when I got the app and told him I know I could do a better job than the guy you have now. The thing is I really don't want to take someones job away from them. One of the things I learned when I was in charge of hiring and firing is I never fired anybody. They fired themselves.

But there is just not that much available here. Wyoming used to have one of lowest unemplyment rates in the US because of the oilfields. He has probably kept his job because there was no one else. Now is time to weed out the bad employees and have an all-star team. I know they tried stealing some of the tech guys from the dealership that is closing. Getting rid of the bad eggs is not new to them.

I know all the floorsalesmen at this dealership. Saw a couple of them when I was leaving with the application and told them what I was doing. Apparently these guys put in a good word for me.

I turned it in today and the first thing the Manager said was "If hired when would you be able to start?" I have never been asked that question while turning in an application. I replied "I would need 2 weeks so my current employer has time to replace me. And I don't like burning bridges."

Plus I took my truck to get the wing fixed under warranty and they could not find a wing. Thanks to MoparConnection:rock: I provided them a list of dealerships that had them in stock. I think that can work in my favor too.

Hard to say what is going to happen. If I do get the job it will be less money than the job I got laid off from. But it will also be more money than the job I have right now.

Crossing my finger on this one! Wish me luck.

good luck...Chuck!!!!

just adjust your budget and you will be fine!

Good luck,
If your that much better than the guy your replacing,Consider it a public service!!!:D

Good luck with the job bro. The pay may not be as much as the oilfield but you'll have a richer life being able to sleep in your own bed every night.

I'm still free this weekend. There trying to send me to Nigeria but I don't think I'll take that job.

Nice to hear Chuck

J

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back