Possible TX GTG

Well, I would interested in a San Antonio meet. Local tune shop MurilloMotorsports had a dyno day earlier this year at the grand opening. They have a mustang dyno and I was able to do a couple top speed tests in my vette getting up to 186 mph. Lots of places to eat in the hillcountry, Salt Lick is good, we have Hooters and Rudy's BBQ nearby in Shertz. Had quite a few Hooters meets over the last year or too.

San Antonio Raceway is a nice track. I have a good number of runs there when I had my Cobra, and some good runs in the Vette. Have yet to run the Srt-10. I usually went on Wed. nights, but I think Fridays or Sat. have test and tune sessions that are not too busy, so should get lots of runs.

As for a date, I'd like to see something on Sept. 14 through the 16th as I have these days off from work.

Hope this info helps. Also, I might have 2 empty bedrooms and the gameroom open at my house, for any out of towners that need a spot to crash for the weekend. Let me know.

just saw this thread... havent been on much lately but you can count me in... lets start planning this GTG

TheMoparConnection said:
just saw this thread... havent been on much lately but you can count me in... lets start planning this GTG

Cool, when do you plan to be moving to Round Rock, pretty soon right?

Oh, what do you guys think about the Sept 15th weekend? That is my first pick.

Mike may be without an internet connection, the storm a few weeks back was really bad out by his house. I will call him tomorrow and check in. I can do just about anywhere with in reason, seems like Austin is about as central as we can get. These things dont work if we let each other pick random dates, usually it wont work for everyone. Would you all like to pick three saturdays in the next two months and vote on them? Keep in mind we have labor day the first weekend of Sept and most wont want to do that. This leaves us with Aug 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th. Then the weekend after labor day Sept. 8 followed by the 15th, 22nd, 29th. I would say do it sooner than later due to the weather but that is just me. Would be nice in late september early october but we would never keep the interest that long.

Nope just slow :dontknow: I have wireless so never went out but did have a speed issue for a couple weeks and just been crazy this week
Like I said I'm game just limited to what I can do with the truck till I get the clutch done ,but as for just hanging I'm pretty open on week ends . As for ending up at the shop that ok too . Chris dont play up the road too much LOL but then I've driven the damn thing for over 20 years so know what and where my limitations are . I think they procrastinate on improving the surface and width cuzz they know it would just be tooo much fun . Mostly drunks and sport bike bite the dust on this one but yes every kind of bike group or sports car club use this road
So anyway I'm pretty open lets just plug a couple locations and date in and see what fly ,,,,,,,,,b4 winter <VBG>
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Here is the deal... Mike Murillo of Murillo Motorsports will let us make two dyno pulls for $40(per truck) then I was thinking Texas Pride barbeque for late lunch/early supper, then off to San Antonio raceway for a run what you brung night. Need some dates from all that would like to attend. The more the merrier. Goose

Goose
Not trying to step on your plans and no one says we cant have GTG every week,but I got a deal . I figure to give everyone a heads up and will do a seperate post on this one but since your in SA and I'm not I figure maybe you could arrange any pre or post activities ?It will be in SA on the 23rd of Sept with rain date of Sept 30. I will post full details on a new thread SA Texas GTG.
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back