Possible TX GTG

How about lonestar motor sports park? It's half way between San Antonio, Austin and Houston. The only thing is there is'nt mush else but the track out there and that tracks prep sucks!!! I would love to do HRP but thats a long drive for those of yall that are not in Houston, but lots to do around town. Late Sept. is open for me exept the 22-24 I am in daytona for the richard petty experience....

BigRed460 said:
How about lonestar motor sports park? It's half way between San Antonio, Austin and Houston. The only thing is there is'nt mush else but the track out there and that tracks prep sucks!!! I would love to do HRP but thats a long drive for those of yall that are not in Houston, but lots to do around town. Late Sept. is open for me exept the 22-24 I am in daytona for the richard petty experience....

The only problem with Lonestar it's owned by a guy we can't name on this forum.:dontknow: OH and there is nothing in site for miles.

Count me in!
Im good to go anywhere around Tx after August (I have to bring my truck back down here). :rock:
Thanks,
Taylor

Why don't you guys talk about gathering at HotRodMike's Place? It could help him promote his business and I think he offered...plenty of room, and a host who is an owner and member!

Mike knows Im all for that. He has a nice little burn out strip in front of his house. The road out to his place, 1431 is full of nice twisties and is a good drive. We could all roll out to the salt lick and eat some dead cow as well.

http://www.saltlickbbq.com/

Dont we have a member from Wimberly, I though I remember something about this persons truck being one that DC worked on?

Now there's a thought,:idea: I didn't know about hotrodmikes place. If the offer still stands maybe we can work something out.

Thanks
Goose

Remember it will be hotter then hades in August early September. Im all for giving everyone plenty of notice but its going to get hot fast around here. We are already in the 90s with 130% humidity and its normally much hotter than that this time of year. May want to move this up as soon as we possibly can.

Chris

130 % humidity....my physics recall is revolting...

But I get the idea!

Guys, I've been quiet, but I am watching this thread. I will do my dead level best to come to this...I'm in Arkansas most of the time these days, but hopefully I can make it down there!

Check out the link in the bottom of Mikes sig and yes he has a shop, helluva paint booth and an awesome view. I also think there is a vinyard down the street from his place for the wine drinkers.

www.classicautoworks.biz

Chris

i'd love to do something like this! i have been wanting to dyno the truck since i got it!:rock:

sirhc76 said:
Check out the link in the bottom of Mikes sig and yes he has a shop, helluva paint booth and an awesome view. I also think there is a vinyard down the street from his place for the wine drinkers.

www.classicautoworks.biz

Chris
Nice, I might have to get some white stripes on her while I am there. LOL!!!

I don't think Mike has a dyno, but if there is one nearby, I bet he could cut a deal for everyone.

White stripes! Hell get it all done!

I have been contemplating shipping my truck down there this winter for a black on black redo!

Guys I dont want to take the reins from goose on this, my last attempt didnt go due to a lack of dyno. Im fine not doing a dyno although it seems most like that. Look at it this way I can get us a dyno in RoundRock/ Pflugerville with a couple of weeks notice. We could hit up the dyno early on a Saturday morning while its cool and make the run to Mikes place. San Antonio also has the track and it looks like Saturdays are the day to run but that isnt until 5PM. One thing about Mikes is the drive back, when I say the road to his place is full of twisties im not kidding. This is the road that sportbike people love its up, down, left and right. You wont want to drive back on that road at night if you have had anything to drink and are not fimilar with it. I feel like Im encroaching on Mikes place so I will let him chime in when he gets a chance. Here is a map of the Dyno shop in relation to Mikes shop.

Map.jpg

Here is a link to the page since I think that is a bad pic and I had to trace my route vs the route the map wanted.

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTE...rf=0&lon=-97.766304&lat=30.476491&mag=7&env=F

My hand is up. We have been talking about a TX GTG for some time now. I would LOVE to have it in San Antonio. I could get a four room suite at the Wyndham Resort there. I am definately in for whenever.

I guess the idea of a TX GTG is dwindling, I have not recieved any input on suggested times and dates.

Thanks
Goose

...some one needs to get ahold of mike and ask him if it's ok and then set a date, I know most of the Texas members will show, I would say screw it lets have it at my place and then go to the track, but i don't think we can get everyone into a one bedroom apartment....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back