Post up to the Blown Engine Club

Did you lose an engine?...

• Total voters
LitemUp said:
I thought there were more blown engine than these. :dontknow: I'm surprised that the N/A's are leading the pack. :confused: BAD TUNE?

Some guys have moved on. Sprite lost his to the STS as did SCvette.

OCBob said:
OK, everybody got to throw their jabs. I don't want ot see a thread like this go down the tubes, there is a potential for some very good info to come out of it. So, I cleaned it up. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Personally I think you over reacted. Unless it went downhill from what I seen after I left this morning.

This is one case were I do not appreciate having my post censored.

And I'm not pissed Bob, just disappointed.

Silverback said:
Personally I think you over reacted. Unless it went downhill from what I seen after I left this morning.

This is one case were I do not appreciate having my post censored.

And I'm not pissed Bob, just disappointed.
then again this thread is about personal experiences blowing ur own ram srt-10 engine,not u

guys jsut for info, I have offered an $8500 engine, a $12,500 engine,

and I talked today with a large engine builder that happens to do alot of viper engines.

he has agreed to give me a price on rods and pistons.

he also has agreed to give me a price on a low budget rebuild , meaning jsut rods and pistons, and a hot rod, rebuild as it were, with billet mains and so forth.

he is also working on a revised oil pump, and will soon have pricing on that.

I jsut cant go any lower that what is comming, I jsut cant do it for free, but trying:)

But I still stand behind everything I believe in, meth, a bandaid, Nos, will kill trannies, and pistons eventually in the long run,

but the main thing is not piston design, its not oilin issues, its not dodge flaws, its something nobody here wants to hear, its the tunes, VPR PWR if anyone remembers him? ran a paxton and a 100 shot for a long time and never had problems.

you need to get a correct tune, an the only way to do that with an adjustable tuner is on a dyno.

with a flash , or any other maill order tune, if it pings, take it out, its wrong.

LitemUp said:
I thought there were more blown engine than these. :dontknow: I'm surprised that the N/A's are leading the pack. :confused: BAD TUNE?

not too start BS there litem up,, but I think some in the N/A section also ran NOS

Stinker said:
guys jsut for info, I have offered an $8500 engine, a $12,500 engine,

and I talked today with a large engine builder that happens to do alot of viper engines.

he has agreed to give me a price on rods and pistons.

he also has agreed to give me a price on a low budget rebuild , meaning jsut rods and pistons, and a hot rod, rebuild as it were, with billet mains and so forth.

he is also working on a revised oil pump, and will soon have pricing on that.

I jsut cant go any lower that what is comming, I jsut cant do it for free, but trying:)

But I still stand behind everything I believe in, meth, a bandaid, Nos, will kill trannies, and pistons eventually in the long run,

but the main thing is not piston design, its not oilin issues, its not dodge flaws, its something nobody here wants to hear, its the tunes, VPR PWR if anyone remembers him? ran a paxton and a 100 shot for a long time and never had problems.

you need to get a correct tune, an the only way to do that with an adjustable tuner is on a dyno.

with a flash , or any other maill order tune, if it pings, take it out, its wrong.
weird,how did u find that guy:dontknow: :D

I second what Stinker said. It's all in the tune or the quality of fuels we are getting these days. A lot of the petroleum companies are experimenting with different mixtures and additives and not even disclosing it. I can think of one instance a few years back where one of the refineries that supplied Shell, Exxon, BP and some others, experimented with Sulfur which took out fuel pumps, injectors and so on. It was all over the news and pratically became a class action law suit if it wasn't for the fuel companies picking up the tabs.

blackviper said:
I second what Stinker said. It's all in the tune or the quality of fuels we are getting these days. A lot of the petroleum companies are experimenting with different mixtures and additives and not even disclosing it. I can think of one instance a few years back where one of the refineries that supplied Shell, Exxon, BP and some others, experimented with Sulfur which took out fuel pumps, injectors and so on. It was all over the news and pratically became a class action law suit if it wasn't for the fuel companies picking up the tabs.

Yep thats why mine stays low on the hp;) if you can max out at 800rwhp then back it down to say 760-780rwhp, to make sure you are safe, 750 to be real safe;)

Well I know that:D

but how about a section on the poll for tuning?

i dont think some of the above actually went boom because of a Roe blower, or a paxton, or turbo.

mine was turbo, but went because of tuning,

or is everyone afraid to post about there tuner?

to be honest 98% of the above was probably due to bad tunes;) ;)

why put down, the Roe, or paxton, and give them a bad name?:dontknow:

bad poll in my book:confused:

Stinker said:
Well I know that:D

but how about a section on the poll for tuning?

i dont think some of the above actually went boom because of a Roe blower, or a paxton, or turbo.

mine was turbo, but went because of tuning,

or is everyone afraid to post about there tuner?

to be honest 98% of the above was probably due to bad tunes;) ;)

why put down, the Roe, or paxton, and give them a bad name?:dontknow:

bad poll in my book:confused:
The tune is what got me to be sure.

PBJ took one look at my dyno file and was not surprised at my mishap. He was shocked that my local shop did not recognize the problem.

I agree that good safe tunes are very inportent. But I would still like to know has anyone blown a forged motor? I know some of the people who have blown had stock bottom ends. But I don't know what all have done to there motors.

HV SRT said:
I agree that good safe tunes are very inportent. But I would still like to know has anyone blown a forged motor? I know some of the people who have blown had stock bottom ends. But I don't know what all have done to there motors.

I think Hilgee did,, not sure, he is the only one I can think of:dontknow:

HV SRT said:
Hey tony isn't 1:30am at home? Shouldn't you be in bed with the wife?:D :D :D

weelllll yeah:D but workin on tons of stuff your yuns:p you gonna be raaaallllllllllllyyyyyyyy surprised when jeff gets it all put up:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back