power shifting

if you'd spend more time with garage band, you'd have mine done by now:mad:

I already told you Danny-boy, your shifts take a lot more time to measure because they are sooooo slow :D

**Edit**
I am sorry this took so long.. a little bit, anyways... well OK, I am not sorry. Things have been insane at the office and to top it off they just closed my gym which totally pisses me off. I digress. Dan's shifts in his new pimp mobile in .18 seconds.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAd1VAdRvxc&feature=plcp]Dodge Ram SRT10 1/4 mile drag racing, unedited in car video - YouTube[/ame]

I would like to resurrect this thread, mainly because I want to see if the B&M and putting the console up got me a change in shift times. Chris, when you can find time between your job and the Drag Week live feed can you measure my shift times??? :D

I would like to resurrect this thread, mainly because I want to see if the B&M and putting the console up got me a change in shift times. Chris, when you can find time between your job and the Drag Week live feed can you measure my shift times??? :D

Andy, how in the world did you shift times get slower with a better shifter? :dontknow:

I kid, I kid :D I'll make time to get to this tomorrow. Did you do these with the console up?

And in the interest of totally hijacking the thread that we hijacked, can you get me price on an alternator wiring harness? Finally found the short in my charging system last ight and had to remove the alternator plug from that harness. I spliced in a couple wires to get me by, but I would like to fix it correctly.

Andy, how in the world did you shift times get slower with a better shifter? :dontknow:

I kid, I kid :D I'll make time to get to this tomorrow. Did you do these with the console up?

And in the interest of totally hijacking the thread that we hijacked, can you get me price on an alternator wiring harness? Finally found the short in my charging system last ight and had to remove the alternator plug from that harness. I spliced in a couple wires to get me by, but I would like to fix it correctly.

I did do this with the console up, I will see what I can find on the harness for you and PM you with the info.

I'll add more later when I have more time, but this video shows a huge improvement! Your 1-2 & 3-4 average .219. The 2-3 shift was a bit slower.

I can tell it's slower. Good to know it was money well spent on the shifter.

Since it's OK to bring threads back from the dead, I'm curious why the console position matters. Other than the obvious weight transfer benefits. .......

Since it's OK to bring threads back from the dead, I'm curious why the console position matters. Other than the obvious weight transfer benefits. .......

There is a switch in the console hinges that adds horsepower when the console is up. You can see it if you look at the passenger hinge really close with a flashlight. :D

Last edited:
I always put the console up When it's time to take care of business. Even with my freakishly long Hurst pistol grip shifter.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back