power shifting

i bought a '71 swb c10...

the '67 is getting the viper motor and t56 so far as i can see but i don't want to rush it, so i bought a rainy day truck... it's a 383 with a th350 and 4.11 posi... gonna spend a few k on it and drive it for a while...

i bought a '71 swb c10...

the '67 is getting the viper motor and t56 so far as i can see but i don't want to rush it, so i bought a rainy day truck... it's a 383 with a th350 and 4.11 posi... gonna spend a few k on it and drive it for a while...

Still no vid WTF, sounds like more work then I wanna do, good luck:rock:

the swapped one is gonna be a while...

it's getting done, and done right... that's why i bought the other truck to DD so i don't have to rush the '67...

so far, i think i'm gonna box the whole frame, but keep it basically stock... those long trailing arms really help with launching;)

the swapped one is gonna be a while...

it's getting done, and done right... that's why i bought the other truck to DD so i don't have to rush the '67...

so far, i think i'm gonna box the whole frame, but keep it basically stock... those long trailing arms really help with launching;)

Yes they do, it was the farm truck launching that pushed you over the edge wasn't it

lol... no... i'd seen that POS 2 or 3 weeks ago...

but it's bad ass...

i'm having a hard time deciding if this is gonna be a "no budget" build and take several years, or have a set amount and order as much as i can and stop... then have it "done" by christmas (as a goal)

getting the motor set in and the trans shouldn't be that big of deal... even if i leave the frame totally stock for now...

the main hurdles are the radiator is HUGE for that motor, for one, and i may have to notch the firewall to get the motor it, and i don't really wanna do that...

still measuring ... i'm excited about it!

i think you'll be alright with a radiator for a big block chevy, i would assume someone makes one that is a direct drop in. you could probably get away with just bracing the frame instead of boxing the entire length of it. are you planning to run A/C? and did you say you were going to use the T56?

yeah, you could order the bbc but it's the same 4 core radiator, lol...

i am running a/c with a vintage air kit, i believe... and i thought about just boxing from the frame horns to the trans brace... that may be enough...

there is a chance... a slim chance that i may put the bed, cab, and doghouse from the 67 on the frame of the srt... i have to determine how much i'd save by doing this (vs. the cost of getting the money from parting it out)...

my buddy has a 72 k10 on a dodge 2500 frame with the 360 in it and 37's and you'd never know the difference if you didn't know what a frame from 72 looked like...

thats suprising i would of thought the wheel base and track width on the srt was a lot bigger than the c10

there is a chance... a slim chance that i may put the bed, cab, and doghouse from the 67 on the frame of the srt... i have to determine how much i'd save by doing this (vs. the cost of getting the money from parting it out)...

my buddy has a 72 k10 on a dodge 2500 frame with the 360 in it and 37's and you'd never know the difference if you didn't know what a frame from 72 looked like...

You will be way ahead doing it this way, IMO. But then again, I don't know what your chassis needs to be 100%, post accident.

believe it or not... my initial measurements weren't that bad off... wheelbase is only 3" longer on the srt from hub to hub... about 3" wider on the track, i believe, too... it's not too far off...

the srt frame needs about 2 hours on the frame machine...

the main benefit of this is i get the boxed frame, good suspension and brakes from the get-go... as long as i can get the c10 low enough to look good...

Last edited:
Wow this thread totally derailed.

The C10 would be SICK!!!!!!!

Death to all DROIDS!

We hijacked this thread fair and square with our shifting videos, then Dan comes in and steals it with a Viper Powered C10. We want our thread back because we stole it fair and square!!!;) By the way the C10 would be sick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back