power shifting

I was going to agree with you on this too, but then I realized that Jerry is gaining HALF A SECOND over Andy through the 1/4 (again Andy, I really think your times will increase vastly with the console up).

but are we comparing jerry to a "normal" shifting racer?

would be nice to get some in-cab of fathack:burnout:

Nope, I've got the 4:10's.

It makes sense that you are a lot faster than me (once your truck hooks up). D.A. when I recored the run I used to measure was 7091 feet. And I was probably somewhere around 5300 pounds.

Ahh yeah I'm about 2000 da and 4800lbs

but are we comparing jerry to a "normal" shifting racer?

would be nice to get some in-cab of fathack:burnout:

I hate speed shifting Trainman-style, but it would be interesting to see if I am any faster doing it that way. That is, unless anyone else is available to go try it real quick.........

**EDIT**

Ahh yeah I'm about 2000 da and 4800lbs

You should run try it no-lifting, so I can compare times.

i dont think i can force myself to leave my foot down, i thought i had untill i watched the video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc_qlSNaq9c]take 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Why so hard?

The soundwave is very flat. I can see the shifter banging the gears and your keys clanging, but its difficult to see RPM peaks and valleys. I think you may be very slightly quicker, no lifting. But I would want to spend more time on before I was certain. Those 3 shifts average .230. The difference in shifts 2-3 and 3-4, between the two runs, is literally thousandths of a second (2-3 is .008 & 3-4 is .002).

I will say that overall, theoretically, and in-my-opinion-only, you could pick up as much as 2 tenths in the 1/4, no lifting. This is based on the shape of your two curves in comparison to one another. I actually think your driveline/suspension moves that much less when you no lift.

The soundwave is very flat. I can see the shifter banging the gears and your keys clanging, but its difficult to see RPM peaks and valleys. I think you may be very slightly quicker, no lifting. But I would want to spend more time on before I was certain. Those 3 shifts average .230. The difference in shifts 2-3 and 3-4, between the two runs, is literally thousandths of a second (2-3 is .008 & 3-4 is .002).

I will say that overall, theoretically, and in-my-opinion-only, you could pick up as much as 2 tenths in the 1/4, no lifting. This is based on the shape of your two curves in comparison to one another. I actually think your driveline/suspension moves that much less when you no lift.

Wonder why the sound is screwed up? And to throw another curve ball at it I wonder how fast a modern automatic would compare?

Wonder why the sound is screwed up? And to throw another curve ball at it I wonder how fast a modern automatic would compare?

It wasn't that the sound was screwed up, just the sound that was there blended onto a hard to decipher shape. I've been wondering the same thing about the shift time of an automatic. I'm sure that info is out there somewhere, I just need to have some time to look.

It wasn't that the sound was screwed up, just the sound that was there blended onto a hard to decipher shape. I've been wondering the same thing about the shift time of an automatic. I'm sure that info is out there somewhere, I just need to have some time to look.

Wife is home I could ummmm you know test out the 300.....just sayin

I was going to agree with you on this too, but then I realized that Jerry is gaining HALF A SECOND over Andy through the 1/4 (again Andy, I really think your times will increase vastly with the console up).

I will take some more in car video next time with the console up and maybe a shifter upgrade and we can see what kind of improvement that nets.

.09 seconds per shift. We are really pushing the limits of what Garageband can accurately measure. Theoretically, her SRT8 spends 4 tenths less time shifting through a 1/4 than your truck does.

I think it's really neat that you two took your cars on vacation together to Mexico :D

.09 seconds per shift. We are really pushing the limits of what Garageband can accurately measure. Theoretically, her SRT8 spends 4 tenths less time shifting through a 1/4 than your truck does.

Wow that's insane, but another thing that helps hers spend less time shifting is that it doesn't shift as many times too. You may have just sealed the deal for me on the switch to a 727(with hair dryers feeding the engine:D)

Not on vacation I just live that close to Mexico

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back