Price on front air dam

wyoramsrt-10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just smucked a rabbit with the truck on the highway and was wondering how much to get a new air dam replaced before I went out to get autobody quotes. Hit that sucker right in the middle. It broke the front air dam. It now has about a one foot break in it:mad:

It's too dark for pics tonight. I'll put some up in the morning.

TIA

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about that man. Can't help ya on the price quotes but just wanted to say that sux. Stupid rabbit.

Gaboon said:
Sorry to hear about that man. Can't help ya on the price quotes but just wanted to say that sux. Stupid rabbit.
That fugger was huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About as big as a Large cat.

wyoramsrt-10 said:
That fugger was huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About as big as a Large cat.
That sucks :( :( :(

Robert (TheMoparConnection) hit a tire on the freeway and took out his front dam, you may wanna PM him to see what it cost him ...........

Wifey said:
That sucks :( :( :(

Robert (TheMoparConnection) hit a tire on the freeway and took out his front dam, you may wanna PM him to see what it cost him ...........
I remember seeing that. Couldn't remember who it was. All I remember is it was a yellow truck. If memory serves me right I ended up with more damage.

wyoramsrt-10 said:
I remember seeing that. Couldn't remember who it was. All I remember is it was a yellow truck. If memory serves me right I ended up with more damage.
Were you able to retrieve the piece? If so you may be able to have it repaired by means of thermo welding (Plastic welding like a big hot glue gun) Check you local body shop.

The air dam is still in one piece. No chunks are missing. I would say the license plate bracket snapped the plastic. I know the bracket runs $60.

The air dam (aka: front fascia) for a 2005 is about $800.

If you need it, I'll get the exact number from the work order.
Let me know.

wyoramsrt-10 said:
The air dam is still in one piece. No chunks are missing. I would say the license plate bracket snapped the plastic. I know the bracket runs $60.
You may check the thermo welding then, sounds like it may work if it is still in one piece.

I'm thinking Robert's was missing a section, looked like Stinker when he smiles :D

Thanks Kevan. I tried searching for the part and could not find anything. Saw you were online and knew if you researched it you could find it. I didn't think it was cheap. I will let the autobody guys figure all the part numbers up. There is a yellow fever owner that runs a body shop here in town. So I know it will be in good hands with him.

Thanks again

Wifey said:
You may check the thermo welding then, sounds like it may work if it is still in one piece.

I'm thinking Robert's was missing a section, looked like Stinker when he smiles :D
Thanks for the idea Wifey. I will have to check into this option as well.:)

The truck does have that Stinker kind of smile now:D

I guess my camera is better than I thought

SMILE your on VTCOA:D

100_0292.jpg

QUICKSRT10/SRT8 said:
i can get you a brand new front bumper for about 250
That would be killer:rock: I would have to check with the insurance company first. I will be in touch with you to let you know if I can get it from you or not.

thats cool my dads a viper tech at the dealer so thats how id be getting it so cheap!

QUICKSRT10/SRT8 said:
thats cool my dads a viper tech at the dealer so thats how id be getting it so cheap!
That would explain pretty much all the mods are Mopar:D :rock:

yep got them cheap. and if i would go with after market and something should break he busts my balls and says i should have kept it stock hahaha

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back