Price your Ride

wow, some of you are taking this a bit personal.... Im not asking you to sell your truck, just currious to what you think you would get for it on the market today with or without mods.

Yes, some have missed the point of the post, but I know we all think our trucks are worth more than they really are in the open market.

I bought my '05 with 6100 miles on it about 14 months ago. I paid $25k. It had mild mods (X-metal lowering kit, B&M shifter, high-$$ aluminum tonneau cover, B&G flashed PCM, B&B hi-flow cat mid-pipe and B&B cat-back exhaust, K&N air filter, and a honeycomb grill insert). Truck was (and still is) in mint condition.

It has 14k miles today.

I don't know what its worth on the market today, but I seriously doubt I could replace this truck for less than what I paid.

I would like to see what our insurance co. would give us if the truck was totaled. I'm sure none of us would be happy or really able to replace our trucks.

Yes, some have missed the point of the post, but I know we all think our trucks are worth more than they really are in the open market.

I bought my '05 with 6100 miles on it about 14 months ago. I paid $25k. It had mild mods (X-metal lowering kit, B&M shifter, high-$$ aluminum tonneau cover, B&G flashed PCM, B&B hi-flow cat mid-pipe and B&B cat-back exhaust, K&N air filter, and a honeycomb grill insert). Truck was (and still is) in mint condition.

It has 14k miles today.

I don't know what its worth on the market today, but I seriously doubt I could replace this truck for less than what I paid.

and what would you replace it with? The only thing to get is another one:D

I would like to see what our insurance co. would give us if the truck was totaled. I'm sure none of us would be happy or really able to replace our trucks.

Mine has collectors insurance with payoff set at 25k

04 with 6300 on the clock, KBB says 24500 :argh: Thats a cryin shame, that means it cost me $3.25 per mile to drive it thus far (not including fuel, tags or insurance).... I think I'm gonna go jump off a bridge now :flybye:

News!!

The biggest problem with holding value on our trucks is the market right now. People have sold our trucks due to financial or family needs for the most part and got rid of them fast and cheap to get their needs met quickly! Now, if you are really wanting to sell the truck you can go market value PLUS a fair value for your mods, BUT only a particular audience is going after YOUR truck and it will take some time to part with, if you have the time you will get your asking price or close to it.

Now on the other hand, you demod your truck putting it back to stock, and selling the parts on the forums to recoup some money and sell the truck you may also come out decent.

It's those of us who decide to have children and the significant other wants rid of our precious 10, or financial needs suggest ridding the poor MPG, high maintenance SRT10 for a Prius, that often drive the AVERAGE price for the SRT10 Viper Ram down.:(

With that being said, my truck now has 80K miles on her:burnout:, never planned to sell her, yet enjoy and drive her like she wanted to be driven. I have done many mods that ARE PERMANENT and CANNOT be undone without substantial money invested.:rock::D I know that if I wanted to sell it, and if I waited several months possibly to make a sale, that I could get every bit of
$25k the way she sits. If I had to make a rush sale on her, I'd likely get about $18-20:(:mad:

:argh::argh::argh::argh:
The biggest problem with holding value on our trucks is the market right now. People have sold our trucks due to financial or family needs for the most part and got rid of them fast and cheap to get their needs met quickly! Now, if you are really wanting to sell the truck you can go market value PLUS a fair value for your mods, BUT only a particular audience is going after YOUR truck and it will take some time to part with, if you have the time you will get your asking price or close to it.

Now on the other hand, you demod your truck putting it back to stock, and selling the parts on the forums to recoup some money and sell the truck you may also come out decent.

It's those of us who decide to have children and the significant other wants rid of our precious 10, or financial needs suggest ridding the poor MPG, high maintenance SRT10 for a Prius, that often drive the AVERAGE price for the SRT10 Viper Ram down.:(

With that being said, my truck now has 80K miles on her:burnout:, never planned to sell her, yet enjoy and drive her like she wanted to be driven. I have done many mods that ARE PERMANENT and CANNOT be undone without substantial money invested.:rock::D I know that if I wanted to sell it, and if I waited several months possibly to make a sale, that I could get every bit of
$25k the way she sits. If I had to make a rush sale on her, I'd likely get about $18-20:(:mad:

Well said. i agree.

the economy and hardships of our country has affected the value of our trucs as it has other similar vehicles. the VT is especially useless though adn the value has dropped accordingly. plus you add on that the years are in limbo now. too young to be a collector and too old to be worth any money just cuz the have low miles

But i truly believe that in time these trucks will go up in value and eventually get back to PAR ith where they should rightfully be. i mean, it a fkn badass, fast, killer lookin, record holding VIPER TRUCK for cryin-out-load

Last edited:
I agree with both of you guys and have said it before give it 15 to 20 years and a low mileage cherry model is going to be six figures. Here's the fighting question which will be worth more the RC or the QC, tough RC is more fun to drive but the quad cab had considerably less made. Any thoughts guys????

Tough question as it again depends on needs of the purchaser? I sooo wanted a RC for the weight transfer and wheelbase factors alone aiding in the Viper Truck experience. My problem was a matter of personal preferance. I DID NOT want my daughter sitting next to the door, but rather in the middle of whatever vehicle she was riding as to decrease potential for injury in case of an accident. I found it just to opt for the Quad Cab. It was one of my hardest decisions in vehicle purchase history as I really wanted a 6 speed like my Trans Am:( It was the same day on my 40 mile drive home I thought about making my Quad Cab a 6 speed, and now that I have done it, it IS the truck I want and enjoy.;):burnout:

Will my son Nick is thinking of getting a 10 again. you guys know him at BlackVenom-04.
So we will be on a look out for a good deal.

Tough question as it again depends on needs of the purchaser? I sooo wanted a RC for the weight transfer and wheelbase factors alone aiding in the Viper Truck experience. My problem was a matter of personal preferance. I DID NOT want my daughter sitting next to the door, but rather in the middle of whatever vehicle she was riding as to decrease potential for injury in case of an accident. I found it just to opt for the Quad Cab. It was one of my hardest decisions in vehicle purchase history as I really wanted a 6 speed like my Trans Am:( It was the same day on my 40 mile drive home I thought about making my Quad Cab a 6 speed, and now that I have done it, it IS the truck I want and enjoy.;):burnout:

he never misses an opportunity tell us about his 6speed swap does he:aetsch::aetsch::aetsch: just messin with u buddy.

i agree it will have to do with the owner. some guys can ONLY get the truck if they get a QC.

i think that when they do start to come around price wise there will be more guys gettin them purely as toys or collectors and the RC's will do the majority of the moving. but i think when and if they ever get 30-40 years from now, then the QC's will eventually be worth more and much more sought after. howerver we may never see that if the US gov falls or the world ends:dontknow:

Will my son Nick is thinking of getting a 10 again. you guys know him at BlackVenom-04.
So we will be on a look out for a good deal.

that red 04 with like 700 miles on it looks freakin CHERRY.

i used to know of a super badass blacked out NR, but it sold :(

Yes a CE or a VCA for the garage. (real low milage) But that will be in a 1/12 to 2 years do it. I hope sooner then that. And yes my ce is my DD.

Thanks man, I just want one to leave bone stock CE or VCA. I love these trucks.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back