Project SLAYtona

Wastelands Warrior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1992 Dodge Daytona Iroc R/T. Being built in the Mad Max vein.

1992 Dodge 2.2 Turbo III DOHC/16valve engine. JE forged pistons, forged crank, heavy duty t-3 rods with arp rod bolts, arp main studs, balance shafts removed and plugged.
Ported head, stage 1 cams, powder coated valve covers, and aluminum valley cover. Ported exhaust manifold, Holset HE351cw turbo with custom downpipe.
Precision 600 intercooler with custom stainless intercooler piping. 3" mandrel bent exhaust system. AquaTune hydrogen/meth injection system

Right now she's in the shop getting a tranny rebuild, new clutch+accessories, a limited slip, and new short shifter and cables.

Nice project, I had a couple built Turbo Dodges before I bought my 10. Fun and surprised alot of people with them. this is the last one I sold
83 Rampage converted to turbo. Had a built 2.2 bottom end with ported head and manifolds running 21 pounds of boost.

Attachments

• page,half.jpg
    page,half.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
MadMazAus.jpg

Nice project, I had a couple built Turbo Dodges before I bought my 10. Fun and surprised alot of people with them. this is the last one I sold
83 Rampage converted to turbo. Had a built 2.2 bottom end with ported head and manifolds running 21 pounds of boost.

Thanks man. Nice Rampage. They are cool, seen a few redone w/ turbo conversions and def makes for a fun ride. I had an 87 Shelby CSX and 08 Caliber SRT-4 that I sold off before I bought my truck. Had to thin the herd a bit and was jones'n for a RWD beastie. So, enter the SRT-10. :) But the Daytona is gonna be with me a while, as I'm building it for my tastes. :)

Thanks man. Nice Rampage. They are cool, seen a few redone w/ turbo conversions and def makes for a fun ride. I had an 87 Shelby CSX and 08 Caliber SRT-4 that I sold off before I bought my truck. Had to thin the herd a bit and was jones'n for a RWD beastie. So, enter the SRT-10. :) But the Daytona is gonna be with me a while, as I'm building it for my tastes. :)

Yeah it was a fun project doing the Rampage restoration. Also had a 88 Shelby Daytona (high school car) and 85 Shelby Charger that I restored back in 2002.

Yeah it was a fun project doing the Rampage restoration. Also had a 88 Shelby Daytona (high school car) and 85 Shelby Charger that I restored back in 2002.

Last year I took my Daytona for a shake down run, and noticed a bunch of cars parked at a Burger King in town. It was a car show I wasn't aware of, and there were 2 Shelby Chargers there that were almost clones of each other. lol I hit it off and now we all hang out together. I have to get a pict of my Daytona in between the Shelby bookends. :)

Welcome and I'm happy owner of Shelby GLHS #241 and my 3rd car was a 86' Daytona Turbo Z. Shelby is a beast! :burnout:

Sweet, I'm an old Daytona owner also I had the 89 Shelby turbo in high school, great old car It seemed fast for back then and got good mileage when off the turbo. I would love to get my hands on a 92 IROC R/T, White was my favorite the more original the better. If you ever see one in your travels give me shout.

So Wastelands when your done your build what kind of power are you planning on getting. Very cool car.

Sweet, I'm an old Daytona owner also I had the 89 Shelby turbo in high school, great old car It seemed fast for back then and got good mileage when off the turbo. I would love to get my hands on a 92 IROC R/T, White was my favorite the more original the better. If you ever see one in your travels give me shout.

So Wastelands when your done your build what kind of power are you planning on getting. Very cool car.

A friend of mine has a low mileage all original white 92 R/T. If your serious about wanting one I can see if he's still looking to sell it.

Hey Jay, not sure how serious I am. But always interested. So if your buddy has some pics info and a price shoot me a PM and I can send you my e-mail address. I would even like to look at it since I'm a fan of those cars.

Thanks

I factory ordered a red '90 Shelby Daytona VNT back in the day. It was a great car for the time. I am a big fan of turbo 4 cylinder cars.

The 89 was the first car i bought on my own, I bought it used of course. I guess that's why the car is a bit special to me. And in the early 90's it wasn't a bad car and when the Iroc's came out at 224 HP that was huge for a 4 cylinder. It's very hard to find one now in any kind of shape.

The 89 was the first car i bought on my own, I bought it used of course. I guess that's why the car is a bit special to me. And in the early 90's it wasn't a bad car and when the Iroc's came out at 224 HP that was huge for a 4 cylinder. It's very hard to find one now in any kind of shape.

So true. I almost bought one to replace my Shelby when it was totalled. I went with a '93 Talon TSI AWD, (before they got all bloated and lost their charm).

Ahhhhhh the Eagle Talon TSI AWD, another beauty from the 90's. I got to test drive one back in the day but could not afford since i just got out of highschool in 93' lol.

OldColt you had your fair share of quick 4 bangers back in the day didn't you. :rock: :D

Ahhhhhh the Eagle Talon TSI AWD, another beauty from the 90's. I got to test drive one back in the day but could not afford since i just got out of highschool in 93' lol.

OldColt you had your fair share of quick 4 bangers back in the day didn't you. :rock: :D

I used to race them. Won E/F-Production championship with the Shelby, won C-Production and B-SS with the Talon. I wish we still had a road course around here.

Thanks man. Well, as far as power goes, right now I'm running 20 LBS of boost and am about as far as I want to go due to the factory rods. The Holset turbo on the car is capable of a lot more boost, and some time down the road I want to pull the engine and rebuild it with good H-beam rods, 4 bolt main caps, and some other tricks to withstand higher boost pressure. Then if I can get it tuned right I see no reason I can't knock on the 500+ HP door...:drool:

Holy Crap !!!! 500 HP that is awesome good luck with your build.

Thanks bud. 500 HP will be a ways down the road, though. I just want to get the tranny finished up so I can start driving it again. And as the car sits now it should be around 375 ish HP, and it goes pretty well. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back