Pulling Engine - Let me know if there is anything you want measured or a picture of

Bone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulling Engine tomorrow - Let me know if there is anything you want measured or a picture taken of....My computer/email is down for a few days, presently using the wife's laptop. Nevertheless, I will take multiple pics and post when able.

I will be at the shop tomorrow 478-396-5571 or 922-4953, ask for Dave or Dan.
attached pics of Diamond Cylinders

Attachments

• diamheads1.JPG
    diamheads1.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 202
  • diamheads2.JPG
    diamheads2.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 164
  • diamheads3.JPG
    diamheads3.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 150
  • diamheads4.JPG
    diamheads4.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 153
Texas Yellow Fever said:
Them sure is purdy...I'm jealous as hell.
Thanks, you should see the 'other' toys!:D

Bone- I'd love to see shots of:
- ignition coils/spark plugs
- oil pan (part, and under the block)

Thanks!

Kevan said:
Bone- I'd love to see shots of:
- ignition coils/spark plugs
- oil pan (part, and under the block)

Thanks!
No problem. My plugs are not stockers. Put NGK iridiums last year before NOS.
Dan actually has a plug in the shop that he put too much NOS to in his car. I'll have to take a pic of that too.

I'm more curious about what's under the intake manifold....but shots of destroyed plugs are also cool. LOL

Kevan said:
I'm more curious about what's under the intake manifold....but shots of destroyed plugs are also cool. LOL
I already have pics of that on my computer. probably posted it on the other forum last year.

Bone said:
Pulling Engine tomorrow - Let me know if there is anything you want measured or a picture taken of....My computer/email is down for a few days, presently using the wife's laptop. Nevertheless, I will take multiple pics and post when able.

I will be at the shop tomorrow 478-396-5571 or 922-4953, ask for Dave or Dan.
attached pics of Diamond Cylinders

Nice...freeze em before you put them in;) ...freeze it all...why you ask??
because you can ;)

Last edited:
Those pistons are sweet!!!! Show us the rods...??

Extreme close ups of the rear main seal, so many of us have slight seeps there.

Me?:confused: :dontknow:

I will look at all the pictures you can take. :) :)

To me things like this are almost as exciting as the pictures of nekked womens.:eek: ;) :D

Silverback said:
... almost as exciting as the pictures of nekked womens.:eek: ;) :D

Silverback...I hesitate to mention this...but are you aware of the hundreds of thousands of free pics and vids available in "Workgroups"... the alt.binaries titles are my usual sex hobby shop...

There is material there for every (EVERY!!!!) taste.

Prof said:
Those pistons are sweet!!!! Show us the rods...??

Extreme close ups of the rear main seal, so many of us have slight seeps there.

I will measure my rods (so to speak) first and order new forged ones.

On a lunch/howyadoing break.

Here is the K&N CAI. I have about 8000 miles on it (about a year). As you can see there was a little heat wear on the CAI next to the throttle body, warped the plastic a bit. Also, the filter material had some heat wear where it was touching the heat shield. So for those with a K&N CAI you may want to put insulation/something underneath the filter, on top of the heat shield.

I will post this up for grabs with some other takeoffs in about a week or so.

Attachments

• kn1.JPG
    kn1.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 52
  • kn2.JPG
    kn2.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 41
  • kn3.JPG
    kn3.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 59
  • kn4.JPG
    kn4.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 45
what all are you doing to it, also who is doing the work for you, i need a cam installed and was wondering if jville was the closest place to get it done safely

eddie102870 said:
what all are you doing to it, also who is doing the work for you, i need a cam installed and was wondering if jville was the closest place to get it done safely
I'll do it for you, or you can have Taliban Dan, my friend do it for you. He's a great mechanic. Took him down to Roe with me. Met Sean and Dave.

Just have to find time off from work. It would be nice to open a performance shop.

Like I said in another post, someone else is coming down for an install (Heads, maybe cam, NOS, push rods). The 19th~23rd of March.

we need to set up a weekend the end of march, ive got a decent shop we can do it at or if you got the area we could do it in warner robbins, ill send the wife to her mothers. whatevers best i could take it all down just kinda leary about getting in that motor, im used to smallblock chevys and such.

eddie102870 said:
we need to set up a weekend the end of march, ive got a decent shop we can do it at or if you got the area we could do it in warner robbins, ill send the wife to her mothers. whatevers best i could take it all down just kinda leary about getting in that motor, im used to smallblock chevys and such.
I really need to use a lift to get under the truck (torque converter, headers, and I had to cut exhaust to get engine out.) So the shop is only open on weekdays. You can schedule the shop and request Dan. I will do my best to get the day or two off.

Kevan said:
Under the IMkevan2.JPG
kevan2.JPG
kevan1.JPG

Spark plugs looked fine.
eng10.JPG
eng9.JPG

Last edited:
Front of engine compartment opened up
eng11.JPG

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!