Question About A Ticket

BadCompany9119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i got pulled over today and got a few tickets the one i have a question about is the speeding one i received. He marked me down for doing 72 in a 50 but my question is i have a passport 9500ix radar detector, said to be one of the best on the market. I love this thing have never let me down and saved me quite a few tickets but it never went off. So i doubt he had radar on, so is there a way when i go to court for my other ticket i can fight this one? It would be my word against his so i doubt it would help me but i just wanted to know if anyone had something like this happen to them.

He was actually a nice guy we chatted about my truck briefly so i really did not want to piss him off by asking how he came up with that speed, cause i was really doing almost 85 before i saw him about a mile back in my rear view coming up on me. That and he could have written me up for my exhaust and license plate and probably a few other things he could find.
:dontknow:

Radar detectors are illegal in NY. Not sure about NJ. Either way, I'd say you're screwed but maybe plea it down too a lower infraction. I know in NY you can pay a company to fight tickets to reduce or lower tickets for you. If you win, you pay the company half what the cost of the ticket was. If you lose, you only pay the ticket. May want to look into something like that.

Or you can hire an attorney that is familiar with the court in question, and he can get it reduced.

Bill.

In NJ radar detectors are legal, i never knew that had company's that would do that with tickets I'll have to look into one of those maybe. And yea hopefully FastSRT19 chimes in with some info for me maybe.
First time having to go to court for a ticket, not something I'm looking forward too from the stories i hear.

Go to fight it.
if cop shows
Plea to the mercy of the court.
Lost your job, just trying to keep afloat, blah blah blah.
Can they lower the bail?
Go to traffic school? Usually doesnt show up on your record after completion.

9 times outah 10 they will reduce the tickets costs and allow you to go to traffic school. Well out west in CA n NV anyway.

Good Luck

Keep us posted to what you do and your results.

SHU

SHU-DOG said:
Go to fight it.
if cop shows
Plea to the mercy of the court.
Lost your job, just trying to keep afloat, blah blah blah.
Can they lower the bail?
Go to traffic school? Usually doesnt show up on your record after completion.

9 times outah 10 they will reduce the tickets costs and allow you to go to traffic school. Well out west in CA n NV anyway.

Good Luck

Keep us posted to what you do and your results.

SHU

Yep I completed an online course, no points, forget how much the class was but a lot less than the ticket and increased insurance premiums

Maybe the officer timed you and estimated your speed. :dontknow: Besides questioning the officers detection method or its accuracy, what else would you base your defense on? If the officer presents a reasonable and legally sound case/method to the judge...

I don't think standing in front of the judge and litigating your case based on your radar detector not activating may not be advisable. How would/could you prove the detector was working at that time? Unless you have spare coin for a lawyer, I would consider pleading guilty and try and cut a deal with the prosecutor, e.g. leniency, first offense, willing to attend traffic school, etc. to help lesson the burden of points (assuming Jersey uses a points system for traffic violations). Who knows you may be able to strike a good deal.

I have always used attorneys to beat speeding tickets to avoid it being on my insurance and driving record. Usually it's 250-300 dollars and if they can't get it dismissed it's refunded to you. I don't know about your state but there are many laws and requirements that police just simply don't have time to keep up with such as here for instance each piece of equipment that an officer uses, he has to be certified every so often to use that particular piece of equipment. If he does not have the time to do so, the ticket is automatically dismissed. I would say consult an attorney that is practiced in speeding tickets.:)

They have to mark down how they got the speed and he checked in the box for speed measurement device, if anything i know the best way to get out of a speeding ticket is the find out when they last had their gun calibrated because most don't do it and they have to drop the charge then.

And after looking up the points i would be getting if i plead guilty on all these i would be at 13 points which in NJ after 12 they take your license, so definitely gonna look into traffic school and any other ways to not get all the points. Some people suggested going and talking with the prosecutor to work out a deal and get less points before going to court, so that is something else i will be looking into doing.

Go to traffic school and have it exspunged from your record.

The notion that yer going to beat a cop in court is feckless......

Cops always show up now unless they're deathly sick... Count on him being there.

Traffic school is the best way and you can do it online- at home.....

Lawyers are fine if that's the way you wanna go, too...... But they cost.

D

I was clocked by aircraft at 115 in a 60. Got a wreckless and speeding! It was dismissed because the officer that pulls the trigger on the radar gun has to be the one signing the ticket in our state. I have beaten 4 tickets. Don't be lulled into the bull your going to hear from the wheezers on the site! Consult an attorney. It won't cost you a thing and you may be surprised at what you learn!:rock:

13 points? Shit what else did he write you for? And just a word of advice, the last thing you want to do in court is bring up the fact you had a detector..it does not bother me when I come across them, but prosecutors and judges will think twice about the deal you get. Pm me for more info bud, I will try to help you out.

Rockin Ronnie said:
I was clocked by aircraft at 115 in a 60. Got a wreckless and speeding! It was dismissed because the officer that pulls the trigger on the radar gun has to be the one signing the ticket in our state. I have beaten 4 tickets. Don't be lulled into the bull your going to hear from the wheezers on the site! Consult an attorney. It won't cost you a thing and you may be surprised at what you learn!:rock:

Is there a particular reason that you find it neccesary to call people names like "wheezers", Ron....?

Did I call you a name.......?:dontknow:

Why not let the New Year bring the resolve to be a bit more discrete and civil with your words and actions.....?

Or you could just go on being immature for the rest of your life.

D

No one down here goes to court. They just hire traffic lawyers and let them go. :D

Rockin Ronnie said:
Your right Tim Sorry!! BUT! The notion your going to beat a cop in court is feckless??? Done it 4 times??:D

Thanks...apology accepted..... and appreciated.:itsme:

My point was aimed basically at the fact that (I believe) you said you had representation...... (lawyer).

I didn't believe that it was a good idea to fight a ticket without one....

D

Django said:
Thanks...apology accepted..... and appreciated.:itsme:

My point was aimed basically at the fact that (I believe) you said you had representation...... (lawyer).

I didn't believe that it was a good idea to fight a ticket without one....

D
Ahhh! You are right Sir!!:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back