Question About A Ticket

Damn, this is the second thread today that I have to admit being an old geezer.:eek:

I'm sorry, but I'm a big believer in taking responsibility for my actions. If I'm caught speeding, I suck it up and pay the ticket. I'm guilty.

Silverback said:
Damn, this is the second thread today that I have to admit being an old geezer.:eek:

I'm sorry, but I'm a big believer in taking responsibility for my actions. If I'm caught speeding, I suck it up and pay the ticket. I'm guilty.

Werd................

D

Beating tickets in court is not that hard, sometimes. But you must have the right info. That being said, i have not been beat in 11 years, because i keep my stuff in order. Others do not always do the same, and that is where the right info can come in handy. First, you COULD drop at least one ticket to "unsafe operation" which is 0 points, however, it will cost you 456 bucks...i always suggest to people to take a 2 pointer for 150-160 bucks then take an online defensive driving course for 50 to 60 bucks. also, at the completion of the course you send in the paperwork to your ins company for a 5-10% reduction. Such a better deal IMO.
As far as your detector not going off, there are several reasons for that in NJ...that i will kindly explain to you in a PM. :D If an aircraft got you it doesnt matter who signed the ticket, at least here in NJ.

Silverback said:

I also believe in being responsible for your actions Dad! That's not what I'm saying. I don't believe that you should have to pay for it for the next 4 years on insurance. For a car like your cobra each ticket is $125 per month. Is it fair to say that you should have to pay $6,150 for a speeding ticket??

Silverback said:

:dito:

Yea i'm all for paying for my actions and with all my other tickets i have just mailed them in and been done with them, but this one could loose me my license so fighting it or getting it reduced sounds like a better option.

Rockin Ronnie said:
I also believe in being responsible for your actions Dad! That's not what I'm saying. I don't believe that you should have to pay for it for the next 4 years on insurance. For a car like your cobra each ticket is $125 per month. Is it fair to say that you should have to pay $6,150 for a speeding ticket??

$125 a month? Hell, I pay less than $600.00 a year for full coverage and towing. :aetsch: :p :D

Silverback said:

I believe in the same thing.

I do minimize my exposure by going to traffic school if it is available.

In California in our jurisdiction they do not reduce the cost of the fine, you must pay it in full and pay a $35.00 fee to the courts for the privlige of attending traffic school, plus the cost of the school.

In AZ the fine is reduced with school, so it costs less to do school and pay a partial fine.

I usually collect a ticket every 4-6 years and by attending traffic school it makes a better driver, by knowing the laws and also remind me that driving is a privlige not a right. I have a tendency to drive too fast for the posted limit and a ticket and school slows me down for a time.

Silverback said:
$125 a month? Hell, I pay less than $600.00 a year for full coverage and towing. :aetsch: :p :D
Hahahahahaahaa!! Except you could have a flat and not know it until you came out of mach and by then youd be home!!!:rock: :p

BadCompany9119 said:
Yea i'm all for paying for my actions and with all my other tickets i have just mailed them in and been done with them, but this one could loose me my license so fighting it or getting it reduced sounds like a better option.
I have always been a believer in education. It does not cost anything but time to educate your self. I have NEVER paid the court system for a speeding ticket nor will I. You simply need to get the right help.:burnout:

Silverback said:

I was thinking the same thing...I pay $754.87 on my SRT10 for full coverage, towing, rental car allowance etc...and NJ has the one of, if not the highest in the country.

BadCompany, i sent you a reply to your PM. If you need any help let me know. I'll see what i can do.

LoveThisTruck said:
Just don't get tickets:dontknow: That's what I do.

I try but it doesn't seem to work all the time :D

And thanks again FastSRT19 i really appreciate all the help, and to all the others who posted advice in here as well.

Right now in Washington State the average is 1 in every 107 motorists is a police officer. Most recently our illusterious governor decided that we need 700 more patrol officers in the next 2 years. That brings it down to one in every 99 motorists. So if you think you can go 4mph over the speed limit when the odds are it could be a law enforcement office behind you guess again in our state. You never know if it's a cop or not. They drive camaro's, mustangs, tahoes, infiniti g35's and much more with NO markings at all. Good Luck Trying to figure out who's a cop and who's not!!:D

Yea in my town they have a couple different color unmarked chargers rolling around with limo tint, i have even seem come old camros while driving on the parkway down here and i think a mustang once even. Its really hard to tell now but i guess i have been really lucky as this is the first speeding ticket i have gotten. Been pulled over for it a few times but i seem to get nice officers who let me go with something else.

I have beaten all but two tickets I have had in the last 20 years and those were greatly reduced.Only used a lawyer once and that was for an out of state court date.

I have used different gears for my speedo drive in older trucks to give a false speed reading ,then go to a calibration station and let them calibrate it.Of course it shows a much lower speed than actual.Then leave and install the correct speedo drive gear and return a day or so later and have it re-tested and get your calibration certificate to take to court.I always got defective equipment fine and not the speeding fine :D

Of course now you need to do it electronically by feeding in a different tire diameter and you need the proper equipment or need to "know somebody" :D

I always fight every ticket,I arm myself with as much information as possible,I spend a LOT of time preparing my defense,I dress appropriately for court and I always act courteous and respectful to the judge and the officer.

LoveThisTruck said:
Just don't get tickets:dontknow: That's what I do.

:dito: ........be careful taking legal advice on a forum...what works in one area may have opposite results in another...and state laws vary from state to state.....no self respecting attorney would take a simple speeding case where I live.....he would be laughed at by his peers and looked down on the judges as a fee grabber...speeding ticket is just not that serious here....I am talking simple speeding and not fast enough to get wreckless driving...

FastSRT19 said:
As far as your detector not going off, there are several reasons for that in NJ...that i will kindly explain to you in a PM. :D

I would like to know that information. ;)

If he came up behind you, "speed measurement device" could be his speedo - he simply paced you, no radar necessary. Perfectly legit in AZ, and LEO vehicles have calibrated speedos that they keep records on typically.

BadCompany9119 said:
They have to mark down how they got the speed and he checked in the box for speed measurement device, if anything i know the best way to get out of a speeding ticket is the find out when they last had their gun calibrated because most don't do it and they have to drop the charge then.

And after looking up the points i would be getting if i plead guilty on all these i would be at 13 points which in NJ after 12 they take your license, so definitely gonna look into traffic school and any other ways to not get all the points. Some people suggested going and talking with the prosecutor to work out a deal and get less points before going to court, so that is something else i will be looking into doing.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back