R.I.P. #2588

Main thing is your OK...Sorry to here about the 10...Get another one...:D

Dude that sucks, but at least your ok with some bumps and bruises. You going to be able to take some pics. What happened to cause the accident must have been pretty bad for the insurance company to call it a total loss. Also are you going to be able to any of the mods off of the truck?

mopower1958 said:
I might sell my '04 #2802. If you are interested p.m. for info.
Nice truck, will that black rub off pretty easy??? :D :p :p ;) :D

mopower1958 said:
Depends on who is doing the rubbing:rock:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :D

Any updates on this?

Would love (hate) to see some pics, and get a description of what happened?

May help some of us prevent the same thing in the future....

mopower1958 said:
I might sell my '04 #2802. If you are interested p.m. for info.

Hush your mouth David!

We need a contract...anyone who sells their truck needs to be required to stay here at VTCOA...like many have.

I just want to be sure that the family stays in tact as much as possible!

Well, at least you lived to tell the tale (actually still waiting for it)...

So take some advil and hit the keyboard and upload the pics bro... Then get ins money and buy bikerats.

...And now the rest of the story.

Ok, heres what happened.

I was leaving work after a heavy rain storm, on top of that the highway had just been resurfaced (very slick).

The entrance ramp was at the beginning of an overpass so I wasn't taking off to quickly. Coming down the other side it started to slide & spin, it was all down hill from there. (pun intended) With the oil & water on the road it was worse than ice.

No control until I got on the grass in the median between the highway & another entrance ramp.

I got it turned back almost forward, still sliding to the right, just in time to come up the embankment for the on ramp (about 6ft high, 45 deg. or more incline).

Now I'm airborne, (insert wing jokes here. By the way it survived) I landed on the other side of the ramp, right front tire first. The rim dug into the pavement, broke off at the hub, and caused the truck to rollover.

It came down on the top corner of the cab on the passenger side and continued over right side up, the roll bar saved my @$$. The way it landed the roof would have flattened out, if I didn't have it.

I crawled out the passenger window to an audience of co-workers (wide eye-jaws on the ground-white as sheets) one of them said "man I can't believe your walking".

So I took a bow and we called 911.

The good parts are...
1. There were no other vehicles or people around that I could have hit. (The co-workers were far enough behindthat they only saw the landing)
2. I walked away.
3. The officer only sighted me for "UNSAFE SPEED", (based on the field I plowed) not the accident.
4. My attorney said he will be able to get the ticket dismissed (So no points)

I'm going to meet with the Ins. agent & get some pics, will post them latter tonight.

Last edited:
Wow! You were definitely fortunate to walk away!

Betcha never thought the roll cage would come in handy on the highway...
Good thing you had it!!!

Hopefully the insurance will come through.... good luck!

Glad you are okay! Thank goodness you had a roll bar! And you can tell by my screen name, I WANT to see some pics! Sorry for the loss. Now go enjoy the YF QC.

I can tell you from personal experience that it is NO fun to flip one over on its lid. Been there hated that. I too was lucky enough to walk away. Just glad that all's o.k. Rest up my friend cause soon you will hurt in places you thought couldn't. At least thats what I thought!

Wet pavement and these trucks just do not mix...

I can recall eight or nine of our people that have had very bad experiences over the past two years...

The truck can be replaced as many have said...

Roy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back