R.I.P. #2588

Just outta curiosity, did any of the airbags deploy? Not sure that they would given the way things happened, but it seems like most of the accidents I have read about on here had no airbags going off for some reason..

Riff62 said:
Just outta curiosity, did any of the airbags deploy? Not sure that they would given the way things happened, but it seems like most of the accidents I have read about on here had no airbags going off for some reason..

No the airbags didn't deploy.

The impacts really weren't that bad. I can remember a few lease roads that I've taken harder hits in the KW at work.

black pearl said:
Don't take any low ball offers from the insurance Co. Document everything that is on the truck and get the highest value possible.

Things are looking good, still haven't gotten a final offer.

Riff62 said:

I hit harder than he did on the front and my airbags did not deploy

bigike said:
This is BS! How dare you destroy a piece of automotive history and have the audacity to walk away unscathed. Piss poor.

However comma, Wolf I'm glad your ok. Did you by chance happen to be road racing the beast?

best wishes bro!

No, I was going about 55. I just shifted into 4th under easy acceleration and it let loose into a spin.

WOLFRAM said:
Or you could sell me your truck.:D

Haven't got an answer from Ins. agent yet.

The engine was replaced just before I bought it @ 11,802 mi with an 05 from the factory.

I had the tranny replaced with an '05 (warranty) @ 22,539. It has 25,344 now.

Regular fluid changes with Royal Purple. (usually sooner than 3,000)

If you look at it this way at least insurance will pay for yours:p

If you do buy it back and part it out I want first shot at the motor;) :rock:

Last edited:
Man, you are one lucky dude. Those pics are pretty bad. The wing lived (that goes to show all those wing haters:marchmellow: :marchmellow: )!

Wow glad you are ok. I had a similar incident happen when I was driving a much slower Blazer Xtreme. Was not a fun ride on the side of the truck. Only had that truck a month. Anyway glad to see you are still with us and don't forget like unlike most of us, you still have another!!!

Did you install the roll bar or did the previous owner?

Was it a NHRA approved bar or just an after-market one?

Prof said:
Did you install the roll bar or did the previous owner?

Was it a NHRA approved bar or just an after-market one?

I couldn't find what I needed to meet the requirements for the open road races, So I ordered the bender & tube and built it my self.

It is schedule-40 1.90 dia., 145 wall thickness (overkill & worth it).

All I had in at this time was the rear hoop, I hadn't finished the halo, down, & cross bars yet.

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Damn man, sorry to hear/see this. I'm sure glad you're ok!!!! Looks like 'ol # 400 may have to come out of the closet...:rock: :burnout:

Yeah, She's on full time now. They were both part timers. When one tank got empty I'd fill the other one and drive it.

Inspired installation...the roll bar...

Someone needs to create an after market bolt in...not to meet NHRA specs but to serve as a brain bucket!

Prof said:
Inspired installation...the roll bar...

Someone needs to create an after market bolt in...not to meet NHRA specs but to serve as a brain bucket!

SAFETY FIRST.......WHERE INSANITY REIGNS!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

The next one will have a "HANS" device, arm, & (possibly) leg restraints built in to compliment the racing seat & 6 point harness.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity...

How were you planning on running the A-pillar bars? Where you going to try to run them through the dash or in front of the dash?

thjones3 said:
Just out of curiosity...

How were you planning on running the A-pillar bars? Where you going to try to run them through the dash or in front of the dash?

I'll send you some pics ASAP.

glad you are ok, Wolfram!
I'm looking for a roll bar like yours, since i've seen the first pics of wrecked RAMs, but I only found bars to mount in the bed.
My English is not the best, but I understood, you made the roll bar yourself. Do you have pics from inside the cab, especially how you mounted the bar? which dimension had the tube?

best regards
Markus from Germany

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back