R.I.P. #2588

Prof said:
Wet pavement and these trucks just do not mix...

I can recall eight or nine of our people that have had very bad experiences over the past two years...

The truck can be replaced as many have said...

Roy
I was going to blame it on the Pirelli's but I see he wasn't running those. The truck got squirrelly with the lightest of mists with them. Hated them.

Sorry to hear about your truck but as others have said, Wrecked truck= Bad, Wrecked you= Worse.

WOLFRAM said:
Ok, heres what happened.

I was leaving work after a heavy rain storm, on top of that the highway had just been resurfaced (very slick).

The entrance ramp was at the beginning of an overpass so I wasn't taking off to quickly. Coming down the other side it started to slide & spin, it was all down hill from there. (pun intended) With the oil & water on the road it was worse than ice.

No control until I got on the grass in the median between the highway & another entrance ramp.

I got it turned back almost forward, still sliding to the right, just in time to come up the embankment for the on ramp (about 6ft high, 45 deg. or more incline).

Now I'm airborne, (insert wing jokes here. By the way it survived) I landed on the other side of the ramp, right front tire first. The rim dug into the pavement, broke off at the hub, and caused the truck to rollover.

It came down on the top corner of the cab on the passenger side and continued over right side up, the roll bar saved my @$$. The way it landed the roof would have flattened out, if I didn't have it.

I crawled out the passenger window to an audience of co-workers (wide eye-jaws on the ground-white as sheets) one of them said "man I can't believe your walking".

So I took a bow and we called 911.

The good parts are...
1. There were no other vehicles or people around that I could have hit. (The co-workers were far enough behindthat they only saw the landing)
2. I walked away.
3. The officer only sighted me for "UNSAFE SPEED", (based on the field I plowed) not the accident.
4. My attorney said he will be able to get the ticket dismissed (So no points)

I'm going to meet with the Ins. agent & get some pics, will post them latter tonight.

glad your Ok wolf, new asphalt can be a demon, the truck can always be replaced, jsut glad your ok:rock:

Sorry to hear bout the 10, as stated...it can be replaced...fixed...ect. Your life is invaluable. Glad your ok.

SilvrSRT10 said:
I was going to blame it on the Pirelli's but I see he wasn't running those. The truck got squirrelly with the lightest of mists with them. Hated them.

Sorry to hear about your truck but as others have said, Wrecked truck= Bad, Wrecked you= Worse.

IMO, the Scorps are the good tires to have, IMHO. But, they do demand respect on other than dry surfaces, similar to the Goodyear F1's on the LX SRT's. Can they perform wet, yes, but it takes patience and finesse and close attention to surroundings and thy right foot pressure. ;)

FastRam said:
IMO, the Scorps are the good tires to have, IMHO. But, they do demand respect on other than dry surfaces, similar to the Goodyear F1's on the LX SRT's. Can they perform wet, yes, but it takes patience and finesse and close attention to surroundings and thy right foot pressure. ;)

Interesting post. I feel the same about the Scorpions, and I have Goodyear F1's on my Volvo...

Neither of these tires are to be pushed too far in other than dry conditions, IMO.

I know, it's about time...

Rip001s.jpg

Rip003s.jpg

Rip006s.jpg

Rip008s.jpg

Rip009s.jpg

Rip010s.jpg

Rip011s.jpg

Rip012s.jpg

Rip013s.jpg

Rip015s.jpg

Rip016s.jpg

Rip017s.jpg

Rip018s.jpg

You were fortunate! The roll bar did the great! And so did the wing! Thanks for the pics.

It appears the roll bar did it's job,compared to some of the pics we've seen of other trucks that have landed on their roofs...
Are you going to be able to keep it or part it out? along with the insurance claim. Glad your ok and nobody was injured...

Glad your safe man, looks like you and the wing survived.

Wet pavement and wide tires on anything have never liked each other.

DAMN!! Glad your ok:D

How about pulling to engine out and selling it to me before insurance gets a hold of it:dontknow::D Where do you live?

wow mental note BFGs are no good in wet conditions. gald you still with us.

kyle's srt10 said:
DAMN!! Glad your ok:D

How about pulling to engine out and selling it to me before insurance gets a hold of it:dontknow::D Where do you live?

Or you could sell me your truck.:D

Haven't got an answer from Ins. agent yet.

The engine was replaced just before I bought it @ 11,802 mi with an 05 from the factory.

I had the tranny replaced with an '05 (warranty) @ 22,539. It has 25,344 now.

Regular fluid changes with Royal Purple. (usually sooner than 3,000)

Last edited:
Don't take any low ball offers from the insurance Co. Document everything that is on the truck and get the highest value possible.

wow.. Lots of goodies to part itout now too... Glad you are okay. Hope all works out with ins so you get into another rig soon...

Glad you're OK. Man, that was a hard hit, looking at that bent and cracked wheel, and of course all the other damages. If the insurance company totals it, try and buy it back if they offer a decent price. Parting out the remains can bring a tidy some of money. Cleveland pick-a-part knows. ;)

Prof said:
Hush your mouth David!

We need a contract...anyone who sells their truck needs to be required to stay here at VTCOA...like many have.

I just want to be sure that the family stays in tact as much as possible!

Easy Roy! I said I MIGHT! Even if I sold it I am not going anywhere. Glad you are ok wolfram.

Eh.... that'll buff out, right?!?!

You really did land right on that wheel!! Never seen one break like that!!
Glad you are alright!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back