Race exhaust

RMBLFSH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 53' body on 04' srt is almost ready for safety inspection, not nearly done but driveable. Starting to plan out the exhaust and had a question, I just got back from lemans in Austin and I wanted to know if anyone has any specs on the systems they run on those viper gts race cars? I am also going to side pipe, and am not hampered by emissions since my truck will be registered as a 53', so...how do I get that same exhaust note that is throaty but high compression? I have a cts v without cats, a cross over pipe and henessey headers that sounds amazing, but doesn't have that wound up race car sound I want for my dodge. So i figured if I just match what they race in lemans it would be close....?

Attaching pics

I know you guys want pics, so trying to attach some

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 126
Engine

Engine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 105
ain't one of the bigger parts of the IMSA car exhaust note is the r.p.m.'s????

Ha! That I can reproduce easily, albeit with some neighbor anger. Seriously, the exhaust systems they run in imsa, how custom are those and/or who mfg them?

not sure who manufactures them but one of the ways they get the volume is the length (or lack thereof) The exhaust typically has one small single chamber muffler on each side near the end of the exhaust and they dump in the front / middle of the door sill / rocker panel.

Your probably hearing some sick intake sound as well.

Also,

might be an optical illusion but your engine doesn't look like its sitting squarely in the engine bay. Looks like it is a little on the passenger side.

Your probably hearing some sick intake sound as well.

Also,

might be an optical illusion but your engine doesn't look like its sitting squarely in the engine bay. Looks like it is a little on the passenger side.

So is yours. They all sit a little off center.

What you want is a short, straight through design like a dyno max bullet or old school glass pack or such. A round tubed casing, perforated, 3" I.d., 12" long muffler should do the trick. Personally I like the deeper V8 style roar I've produced with our SnakeBite Side Exit Exhaust but it's not that raspy, poppy, shrill loud of an all out race car. I have found a pair of electric cutouts just prior to our exhaust can give you that race car sound and flick a switch and back to a deep, throaty streetable tone ;-)

What's the cost on the side pipe setup? Any you tubes of what it sounds like?

I heard a Gen 3 this summer with Heads and cam package, the exhaust was ARH headers 3 inch pipes with no mufflers or cats...By far the best sounding viper i ever heard, it was loud but we never guessed it was wide open...It sounded like pure sex...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back