raced two 5.0 mustangs, 02 SS camaro

viperhauler

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so my buddy's dad bought a new 5.0 red. has the brembos, different shocks, and 19's i think.

we raced several ways, dead stop, 20 roll, 30 roll, 40 roll, 50 roll... every race, i would jump out about a half a truck, and he'd slowly start to come around... from a dead stop, we were both spinning and moderating, i think i just moderated a little better;) so i stayed ahead until about 60...

well his son has a 5.0 also it has the oem suspension and the 18's i think...

and i walked all over his car... are the brembo cars any different? they're both 6spds.

they're both good drivers, but the dad's a little better...

later that day my other buddy caught me in his 02 ss... said he runs 8.0's... doubt it... i ran over him by a couple cars from a 45 roll...

really questioning the 5.0 races... kinda perplexed...

Nice runs, may they just can't drive them. Happens to our trucks all the time, they beat somebody that can't drive and they start posting they beat a 10.

I embarrassed a Camarro SS out of a hole and roll on the other night driving home...at he end he honked when I had let off and he catched up and gave me the thumbs up:rock:

Well the 5.0 are mid 12's out of the box.

good driver anyway

Gears might be it... Both 5.0 drivers are good drivers... although his dad and I raced about 10-12 races and neither he nor I missed a gear all day... When I raced the son in the silver one he missed 3rd twice lol...

But the ss I think has cam, headers, exhaust and nittos... I've seen it run 8.4's... But I was told it's been 8.0's... Doubt it though after this... And actually that was the second time I raced that car and beat him...

The sweet spot in these barns is 2-3 shifts around 40... Man they hit nice:D

redditors-wife-pics-or-it-didnt-happen.jpg

brembos have 3.73s the other 5.0 prob has 3.31s
i just bought a 5.0 brembo package myself

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back