Radiator cap leak...here we go...

If I could get my A/C working it would be 100% again. Both shops told me it's the ECM programing but after the repair it still don't work. Will be running more tests tomorrow. The compressor clutch can & has turned on but only for a minute or two.

Hope you get it figured out soon bud. I managed to remove the pressure side p/s hose tonight, what a pita! I couldn't remove the top fitting on the pump. I'll need to pick up a socket and swivel from sears after work tomorrow.

I think you need a crows foot & extension to get on that fitting. A open end or line wrench hits the fan as you already know. I gave up on Sears a long time ago so good luck with that!

That's what Ive been reading, I need to get one today and knock this thing out. Oil lines sure look pretty though. I'm debatin on keeping the Mobil1 15/50 oil I bought or going with Rotella T6 5/40. I want to go with one and stick with it. Oil filter too, seems like my choices are the white viper filter, mopar 090, royal purple or amsoil.

Just wanted to give an update, I finished my JMB power steering and oil cooler lines last night, refilled the p/s system, fired it up, no leaks. Took it for a 30 min drive, checked again, no leaks so far. I drove it to work so hopefully everything will still be good when i get home. Thanks to Tony for his help and you guys. Too bad my first mod was fixing a leak but I knew it was normal on these trucks.

Arrow Raceing told me to run 15W50 or 5W40 Mobil 1. Viper Specialty Performance told me they run 5/W40 Mobil 1 turbo diesel truck oil which is what I'm running. Both places only recommended the white Dodge Viper oil filter from Mopar. This is also what I'm running. This is why I picked 5W40. What I learned over the years is that thick Oil doesn't get the job done. A fresh motor will be tight so thin oil gets around the syster quicker. With the new pump I got almost 100pis at idle cold so I'll stick with it

Arrow Raceing told me to run 15W50 or 5W40 Mobil 1. Viper Specialty Performance told me they run 5/W40 Mobil 1 turbo diesel truck oil which is what I'm running. Both places only recommended the white Dodge Viper oil filter from Mopar. This is also what I'm running. This is why I picked 5W40. What I learned over the years is that thick Oil doesn't get the job done. A fresh motor will be tight so thin oil gets around the syster quicker. With the new pump I got almost 100pis at idle cold so I'll stick with it

Negative on the filters. Between Mopar Black and Mopar White, ONLY the white filters. However, Mobil-1 filters have it all over Mopar. Far higher quality and better case/anti drain-back valve by far.

Negative on the filters. Between Mopar Black and Mopar White, ONLY the white filters. However, Mobil-1 filters have it all over Mopar. Far higher quality and better case/anti drain-back valve by far.

Sorry about miss quoting you on the oil filters. If I remember corectly the turbo diesel truck oil had a better additive package than the regular synthetic Mobil 1 oil.

Sorry about miss quoting you on the oil filters. If I remember corectly the turbo diesel truck oil had a better additive package than the regular synthetic Mobil 1 oil.

No problem, and yes, you are correct.

Are you referring to the rotella 5-40 t6 synthetic?

I run the T6 in my diesel, if that's a better oil I would have to by that stuff by the skid. as it is now the diesel takes 3 gallons.. lol

No Rotella T6 is made by Shell oil. This is from Mobil1 and actually called 5W40 Turbo Diesel Truck oil on the label. Just search it. Comes right up on Mobil1's web site. You do not want the Mobil1 5W40 labeled as ESP (emission system protection).

Gotcha, I bought the me 15-40, I can always return it if that's much better for these motors. I want to get a good oil and stick with it.

Just picked up 2 gal of the Mobil1 TDT oil. It was $23.97 per gal. The T6 oil was about $2.25 per gal cheaper.

From what I read on the web T6 seems like a quality oil. To bad you can't believe everything you read. Was running Royal Purple when I melted a piston. Guess I won't do that again! The owner of the trans shop down the street warned me that he blew up his Chevy drag motor on it. Guess I should have listened.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back