Ram 392 Quick Silver could be the next SRT Ram

Wow, so a mid 14 second SRT truck? They'd better SC it for it to be named SRT8! Challengers are in the high 12s with ALL bolt ons and a bad ass tune. They are fat! A 5000lb truck with the same engine will be a slug:eek:

YOU CAN NOT TUNE THE 392........ not yet, not in any vehicle

I would buy one, and with the 4 link it will handle like a dream hood Im not crazy about but like said in another post I wait to see actual pics before giving my opinion on everything

i thought arrington was successful:dontknow:

diablo says they can do it.....no proof yet,RDP S/Ced an IE chally but dose not give details or any specifics. from 2011s - from chargers to challys and the Rams cant be tuned....... yet, but SEMA is next week maybe something has changed and that would be the place to announce it.

here is the link
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIcCHP6jhkk]Worlds First Supercharged 2011 392 challenger by RDP Motorsport - YouTube[/ame]

The new R/T 5.7L with 390 hp is running on average 13.7- 14.1 N/A bone stock depending on weather. So throw a better platform, more compression, and im sure it will run low 13s easily if not high 12's.

Basically it will do the same the srt10 did but with a smaller motor

Fuck a buncha hemi's!!!

This truck will be easy 13s, so easy a caveman could do it. Touch 12s stock, well it will be close. The 4th GEN is a lighter truck than our 3rd GEN and more areodynamic. I would not be shocked at all if stock for stock it edges the 10.

I have my 09 5.7 4x4 RC pulling 5.8 0-60s with very limited changes.

Hey, it only took 7 years, give or take, to "match" the 10. My guess is top end will be limited below the 150 mark, but could be wrong.

But lets remember why the 10 died.... Gas prices, sub 10 city and sticker price. They would have to price this truck, at most, 40K and MPGs similar to the 5.7, which is 13 and 18 on a 4x4, a little better on a 2WD. I honestly think they will keep it sub 40. An R/T is 31-32K. But then again a 392 Chally is upper 40s.. If they do that they may as well not build it.

I would be VERY tempted to buy one as a DD, just have to get over the fact of driving it in the winter vs driving a 4x4.

Here is your stock R/T 13 run

13.77 1/4 mile run in Stock 2009 Dodge Ram R/T - YouTube

uh.... aerodynamic? at 100mph aerodynamic does not really matter.
top speed it does thou.
what that needs is a twin turbo kit.
sub 10sec if it did have one.

diablo says they can do it.....no proof yet,RDP S/Ced an IE chally but dose not give details or any specifics. from 2011s - from chargers to challys and the Rams cant be tuned....... yet, but SEMA is next week maybe something has changed and that would be the place to announce it.

here is the link
Worlds First Supercharged 2011 392 challenger by RDP Motorsport - YouTube

Love the video.

If they make the 392 Ram and I was forced to put money on it or a stock 10, I would probably put money on the 392. As mentioned, easier to drive, to many possible mistakes in the 10. Even in a perfect world these trucks would be almost neck and neck and I am not 100% sure which would have the longer neck.

As for the 8 speed, maybe, but they JUST introduced the 6 speed in 12 to the Ram, so, at least out of the gate, I would guess not.

But it is all talk. I for one hope they do make it. Compeition breeds competition. It would benefit everyone if they did, and as for "it is not a 10", I could give a rats azz. A fine piece of machinery, well, other than the colors. But that is cosmetics.

unless something changes there will never be another 10... so if i bought that, i would't even compare the two.

maybe you can compare them as a factory built sport truck, but so what...

does anyone remember the joe gibbs silverado? i almost bought one;) how about the regency silverado's? or the roush trucks or the saleen trucks? and yes, even the lightnings... NONE of those even fit the same bill that the viper truck does...

it's stupid, it's impractical, it's expensive, it's heavy.... yet... it's still the best, stock for stock... so...

that's all i have to say about that:D

Need this truck in AWD or 4x4 then you would have a cool machine useable year round.
And imagine your launches at the track or AWD burnouts:rock:.

unless something changes there will never be another 10... so if i bought that, i would't even compare the two.

it's stupid, it's impractical, it's expensive, it's heavy.... yet... it's still the best, stock for stock... so...

that's all i have to say about that:D

the Joe Gibbs Silverado,Rouch 150, Foose 150 even Saleens f150 were still all mid 14 second trucks and all had S/C..... different ways to make power and it still dose not compare

this truck has the potential to be on a stock 10s #s.......so comparing these two trucks is not all that far and it meets all your criteria

it's stupid, CHECK
is it impractical, CHECK
is it expensive, it will be CHECK
is it heavy, CHECK

not taking anything from the 10s I love these trucks, but this one maybe the one "sport truck" to give the 10 a run for her money and its only taken seven years to do it...that in my opinion says something.

Last edited:
So u guys think the srt10 or the quicksilver would win? Idk I haven't raced

never will buy another truck. i will just buy a paxton to put on mine and she'll be more of a beast than i will ever need

Damn that truck is still fugly as hell after all this time! There will never be another SRT10!:burnout:

That would be nice if they start slapping 6.4L in the ram. I am starting to get quite tired of the maintenance on the SRT10 and some of the shotty engineering or maybe lack of engineering is a better term, that went into the SRT-10 is finally coming to the surface. They cut so many corners on the SRT-10 (like using OEM parts that are designed for a normal HEMI Ram and aren't designed specifically for the larger wheels, heavier engine and added stress a V10 puts on the truck as a whole) that I'm sure the extra engineering and an extra $10K price tag on the SRT-10 would have been all worth it for the properly designed parts.

I'm strongly considering a 2009/10 Ram Turbo'd and would cost just a fraction of Turboing a SRT-10 and would still get similar power margins if not better.

Last edited:
My guess is that once the new Viper is released, there could be rumblings of maybe the Viper engine going on a truck. Right now they aren't going to really release the specs of the new Viper engine until it's released, so this might just be a shell of the main components with the final engine decision coming when the Viper comes out.

I hope they don't ever put a viper motor in another truck. It is cool that they did something this cool on a limited three year run. Although I would probably buy One if they did lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back