Ram From Hell Dyno VIDEO!

Ram From Hell said:
Yep all stock.:p

Just put one of those Tornado widgets in the intake. Damn does it make a difference! It's almost like it's supercharged now!:rock:

LOL I KNOW YOU HAVE A BLOWER BUT IS EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE MOTOR STOCK

Ram From Hell said:
Check out my virtual garage page to get the scoop:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=186

I am anticipating minimal issues getting the 10.5 slicks to hook. The street presents more of a challenge. The next mod to the truck's performance will be the Pectel system. Honestly, I'm more concerned about my own safety than anything else. Big horsepower has a dark side.:evil:

I hear yah about safety brother, getting sideways at 100mph in that beast is easily done, get used to that power mate before you get on it. :) So will you be driving and enjoying the truck on the street, if so will you just run your slicks on the street too? (not sure on local laws) but it should be OK.

Cudajon said:
Is this thing going to see a dragstrip or just the mile?

I've actually, finally made it out the last two Fridays for T&T sessions at the local strip.

First day out was just to get the feel for the truck, and ran on street tires. Silly me. Really didn't hook until 4th gear. Still, a trap speed of 115mph with a 13.4 ET showed plenty of potential. ;) I think Dale was trapping at 117mph with a 12.11 ET.

Second trip out I took the slicks. Hooked well, shifted better, but encountered substantial instability in the truck. I had to pedal the living crap out of the truck from about 500' on to keep it from swapping ends. Come to find out that one end of the rear sway bar was no longer connected to the end link.

Gee. That might have something to do with it... :stupido2:

Anyway, managed to get down to something like a 12.35-12.34 in spite of being on and off the throttle over much of the pass. I also had no one to watch my stuff, so everything had to go in the bed of the truck. I figure there was 250-300# of wheels, tools, and floor jack in there. That probably wasn't helping my 60'.

Finally, just as I was getting a handle on things, the truck was starting to fall on its face not far from the line, and after the second and third gear shifts. Eventually I noticed that I'd dropped below 1/4 tank, and realized I was probably starving the fuel pumps. Ran for fuel, and made a couple more passes. Note to self: don't go to the track with less than half a tank of fuel.

Next T&T is early June. I, ahem, should have the skinnies to run up front, the suspension fixed and adjusted, and have an empty truck bed. Might also lose the tonneau cover (maybe the tailgate too), and put the wing on. That will probably make the truck about 400# lighter than last time.:p That should give me a much more respectable 60' at the very least, and should make 11 second passes possible with decent shifts.

Well, there's some good news

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back