ram srt vs pontiac G8

SRT10SECONDS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so a few weeks ago i traded the truck in at a local dealership for a 2009.5 pontiac g8 gt liquid red (had the flame red truck). needless to say gas is much better considering it is 4.35 here on long island and being a college kid i cant afford that (beer has priority). last night driving to bridghampton which is about an hr drive i was doing 75 and i was gettin 25.6 mpg <3...the car has a full exhause kooks lt headers x pipe hi flow cats corsa cat back veraram CAi and a tune done from authorized dealer. on a g8 forurm that i joined i saw an active topic about the g8 vs srt ram..so i looked on and everyone was so insistant that the g8 stock for stock would beat any ram hand down..i personall dont believe them and fought for the srt family and said that a ram would out run any stock g8...so now my question is what would my car with the mods i have do against our trucks...very curious and would love to run my old truck against my new car

i would also l.ove to see that.

no matter what happens and what the srt has done to make it close to what ur gt has the g8 guys will not go with it cuz its not "stock for stock" hopefully they are not as deuchey as the lightning guys tho. good luck. i think it would be a good race. those g8gt are pretty fast huh......how u lie urs? 6.1L itnit?

iv beat my cuz g8 with no problems... he never had a chance

Have the GT which is a 6.0 the gxp is the 6.2..I have headers x pipe hi flows corsa cat back CAI and a tune...soon to come is a ported TB nd a ported intake manii

Stock they have around 315 to the wheels..I'm estimated at 360 to the wheels based on what other people have with my mods

but what are their track times looking like? I could care less how my hp or tq they make......

low 13 to high 12 with my work...iv seen as low as 11.2 with a heads cam supercharger nd what not stock makes 13.7

so a few weeks ago i traded the truck in at a local dealership for a 2009.5 pontiac g8 gt liquid red (had the flame red truck). needless to say gas is much better considering it is 4.35 here on long island and being a college kid i cant afford that (beer has priority). last night driving to bridghampton which is about an hr drive i was doing 75 and i was gettin 25.6 mpg <3...the car has a full exhause kooks lt headers x pipe hi flow cats corsa cat back veraram CAi and a tune done from authorized dealer. on a g8 forurm that i joined i saw an active topic about the g8 vs srt ram..so i looked on and everyone was so insistant that the g8 stock for stock would beat any ram hand down..i personall dont believe them and fought for the srt family and said that a ram would out run any stock g8...so now my question is what would my car with the mods i have do against our trucks...very curious and would love to run my old truck against my new car

Against me you would lose:D

My truck has pretty much the same mods as your g8 and I went 12.55 on street tires and went 12.34 on slicks a few years ago before the tb

I'm sure if you went over to any site dedicated to any give performance vehicle they would hail theirs as the victor over any SRT model. Members of whatever forum aren't going to be negatively discussing their common interest.

G8 mods - cai, exhaust, tuned, throttle body, mas.... I think that was it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back