Random ding

drumline99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a random ding because I can't pin point when it will do it or why. I get no dash lights coming on...seat belt is fastened...doors are not ajar... What is it?

its a ding lokin for a dong??

It's a random ding because I can't pin point when it will do it or why. I get no dash lights coming on...seat belt is fastened...doors are not ajar... What is it?

It's an 06 thing, lol! Likely one of your connections loose somewhere...but where? Each door has a mercury switch type trigger on the latch to tell when door is ajar. Possibly one making a bad connection and barely dinging yet not triggering dash light due to fast break in connection. Maybe sit inside truck with engine running and bump each door with your fist and see if you can replicate ding.

Try the E-Brake connection. Mine has come loose a couple of times and dinged. Most of the time I can't hear it though!!:burnout::burnout:

More than likely it's one of your tail lamp strips. They are cheap enough I would replace both of them with new bulbs.

I found that my e brake light does not come on when the brake is on. Is that the source of my ding?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back