RC guys a tune is worth more than we thought.

ARRESTmeRed04

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For several years now the common thought has been that a tune on a RC isn't worth much at all but on a QC it's a huge improvement. Well after a some what long and disappointing night at the track I've discovered that a tune in in fact worth a full .4 in the 1/4 mile if you can stick the power to the ground. Just thought I'd share my findings ill start another thread later with track results when I get the video put together.

It may just be my "seat dyno" but after I got a tune from torrie I really thought it helped my truck out.

Is this your truck Justin? I am interested in your findings.

I know I've posted this dyno sheet before but it shows an improvement on the dyno.

Attachments

• Dyno comparison.JPG
    Dyno comparison.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 184
Yup, K&N drop in, B&G stage II tune, basani shortie headers, catless mids, and magnaflow catback.

Yup, K&N drop in, B&G stage II tune, basani shortie headers, catless mids, and magnaflow catback.

Almost identical mods as my truck but I'm using a torrie tune, the B&G stage 2 even as old as it is its still hard to beat

I noticed a big improvement when I put in a B&G Stage2 PCM I purchased from another member last year, not sure how much better a tune from Torrie would be, I got the PCM and 170* therm and gaskets for $125 shipped, it was an awesome deal!!!!!!

Thats the only way they can develop a tune is by putting our trucks on the dyno and test, and the best over all tune is to dyno tune your own truck. Ask any good tuner.

for sure for sure:rock:

i had Torrie's "can" tune, was good. then James, got the dyno day set up & could tell more of a difference after the dyno. seemed "smoother":rock::burnout::rock:

I think that's why I liked the B&G tune so much. They have so much experience that they could nail it on the money. Of course every truck is different so a custom tune is always prefered from a reputable tuner. With that being said, anybody know a good tuner for these trucks in/near Vegas?

Wait...B&G is still in business. Anybody use them recently? http://www.bgperformance.com/tuning-srt10.aspx

Last edited:
I sent my Stage2 PCM to them to have my vin flashed on it and check the tune(about 6 months ago), had it back in about 1 1/2 weeks. They combined with Arrington but I believe Dave Kasper is still there, thats who did mine.......

You can datalog with your hand held and a laptop using email tuning. That's the best way to do it. A good tuner should be able to read and write revisions from datalogs.

A generic email tune will work but it's more on the safe side so it works on a broader range of mods. Also usually a little more safe which isnt a bad thing.

Plus with datalogs, a tuner can see if anything is wrong. Lets say an very tiny air leak, exhaust leak, bad injector etc.

You can datalog with your hand held and a laptop using email tuning. That's the best way to do it. A good tuner should be able to read and write revisions from datalogs.

A generic email tune will work but it's more on the safe side so it works on a broader range of mods. Also usually a little more safe which isnt a bad thing.

Plus with datalogs, a tuner can see if anything is wrong. Lets say an very tiny air leak, exhaust leak, bad injector etc.

Will the handheld data log A/F? No tuner will adjust the map without it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back