RC guys, how low do you go?

I mean how low we talking?? 600Rpm's in 6th ..:stupid:

Don't get me wrong, i've put mine in 6th doing 50mph, but never some 600 rpms.

But, i've you never had problems, then you've never had problems.

I think this topic could be like the whole "nitrous" topic for our 10's.

:dontknow:

Mostly was a 4 mile stretch on my daily drive to work and back. It was flat. I would leave in 6th and keep my foot off throttle. Coasted fine at 35 for that distance. Must noy be q big issue bc truck runs 12s in the quarter without issue.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Mostly was a 4 mile stretch on my daily drive to work and back. It was flat. I would leave in 6th and keep my foot off throttle. Coasted fine at 35 for that distance. Must noy be q big issue bc truck runs 12s in the quarter without issue.

no problems... Coasting in 6th... not under load... on flat land.... lol that's different

Last edited:
I wouldn't sweat it. Mine still runs strong at 10 yrs old 75k miles and lots of track passes and many top speed runs.

If it works then it works for ya, i'm still not about it. feels too underpowered,

6th will pull the truck along fine at 35mph, as long as the road is fairly flat.

This'll blow some minds. I have started off in first with foot off gas pedal and shifted thru all the gears never coming off idle and then drove it for a few miles till I was in a higher speed zone.

This'll blow some minds. I have started off in first with foot off gas pedal and shifted thru all the gears never coming off idle and then drove it for a few miles till I was in a higher speed zone.

Gotta save on gas.

Lol WHY are you guys doing these things...?!? Are y'all REALLY worried about the gas??? Didn't we buy these trucks to boost the petroleum economy?!????

Lol WHY are you guys doing these things...?!? Are y'all REALLY worried about the gas??? Didn't we buy these trucks to boost the petroleum economy?!????

just because I own a fast vehicle doesn't mean I need to drive it as fast as possible at all times.

I say we just continue to take advantage of the Saudi oil while we can. It is going to be much different in another generation or two, just saying...

I say away from sixth unless cruising about 50+.

LOL, That was my next question, why? lol

I find myself shifting at 1000-1250 rpm and regularly cruising around town just off idle. It's not uncommon for me to make the drive into town at 30-35 mph in 6th at like 600rpm. Trucks turns back like 22 mpg like that. Of course I'm not loading it like this, so it doesn't matter. Just wondering what you all do.

how does you truck even move at 35 mph in 6th ????

That's crazy man ... So you shift every 5 mph ? LOL...

under 50mph I cruise in 5th over 50 on the highway I put it in 6th. but if am chasing cop killers I only use 1st-3rd.

Not sure if anyone said it but lagging your engine is terrible!!! You are making spark knock and creating a nasty stress on internals and bearings doing this. Know what else? Your tranny, clutch and rear end hate it too!
Now I have seen this asked....why do this to your engine???
A comparison that anyone can relate to is your lawn mower. Normal grass cutting, its factory settings allow years of trouble free happiness. Take the same mower and try cutting a pasture or tall grass where you're bogging the engine continuously and that engine won't last a month! You feel the mower shake violently, just like lagging your truck in too high a gear.
:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back