RC guys, how low do you go?

Thanks. Here is what it says, since you must have failed to actually read it before you posted it: “Earlier upshifts during cruise conditions (relatively steady speeds) will result in in increased fuel economy and may be used”

Actually it says that IS the chart for "economy " up shift speeds ;)
Into 6th at 50, 35mph is just not smart, it takes more fuel to run the bogging engine rather than appropriate RPMs engine is efficient at.
I see this will go nowhere, but good reading for folks.

Last edited:
Into 6th at 50, 35mph is just not smart, it takes more fuel to run the bogging engine rather than appropriate RPMs engine is efficient at.

False. The chart is for "recommended" shift points. The portion above the chart states that earlier shifts may be used for economy and the portion below the chart states that higher shift points may be used for more performance.

Regardless, we are going to have to agree to disagree. I'd still let you work on my truck too.

Show me a trip computer turning back better than 15 the way you drive and we will talk.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back