RC guys, how low do you go?

Engine knock is something you cant hear most of the time under light acceleration. The 05's and 06's have the knock sensors. The 04's don't. The knock sensor can read up to 1.2 volts before the timing is retarded 2 degrees. Don't know what the normal knock sensor voltage is at under ideal torque and HP curve but I assume it's around the 2500 - 3000 rpm range. Can someone data log the knock sensor voltage going 35mph in 6th just cruising and also going 35 - 50mph under light acceleration. The voltage reading should end this debate.

I would have done this today at work, but my truck is an 04. The knock sensor reading wouldn't come up.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye-tmfY413E&list=UUZP66gDodGRXUsNh5CdRejg]35 in 6th doesnt kill. - YouTube[/ame]

bump for video evidence that your drivetrain will not explode in low rpm 6th gear situations

he thinks his tractor's sexy!

image.png

More FACTS straight from the manual. Plain English but I'm sure it can be translated for whoever needs help.
Pages 172,173 of your owners manual, if you have one.

image.jpg

More FACTS straight from the manual. Plain English but I'm sure it can be translated for whoever needs help.
Pages 172,173 of your owners manual, if you have one.

View attachment 53939

Thanks. Here is what it says, since you must have failed to actually read it before you posted it: “Earlier upshifts during cruise conditions (relatively steady speeds) will result in in increased fuel economy and may be usedâ€￾

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back