RC guys, how low do you go?

I couldn't see a trailer with a truck inside, rpm, or speed therefore I can't tell you anything about that mumbled video. Lmao :D
Now seeing that our Forum Moderators agree and think its safe practice...it must be. Continue about your quests and I'll leave this thread to the other 99% of the members to voice their opinion on whether an engine should be lugged/bogged as normal practice. :burnout::D

You guys have issues. The truck only bucks like it did in the video if you stomp the pedal at an rpm like that. If you would have accelerated with 1/8 throttle it would not do stuff like that. What you were doing there Mr. Snakebite was hell on the bottom end.

Hey Gecko, I did not mash the gas as you infer, yet slowly fed it pedal.the results were what they were and I weigh close to a RC so weight isn't an equation ;)

I couldn't see a trailer with a truck inside, rpm, or speed therefore I can't tell you anything about that mumbled video. Lmao :D
Now seeing that our Forum Moderators agree and think its safe practice...it must be. Continue about your quests and I'll leave this thread to the other 99% of the members to voice their opinion on whether an engine should be lugged/bogged as normal practice. :burnout::D

I saw it in the mirror.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

First video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBJD8dNz5tM&list=UU2J9k1mqcDY_XqUn7-099vw&feature=share&index=1"]6th Gear 1st Video - YouTube[/ame]

Second video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz6yCkL3BNg&feature=share&list=UU2J9k1mqcDY_XqUn7-099vw"]6th Gear 2nd Video - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

put on your reading glasses you old chode and look at the tach... hell, ray charles could read that tach and speedo! (plus i said it - turn the volume up)

check the rear view mirror... unless that JGC is on 44's (hint: it's not) and pushing me down the road with the brushguard (hint: it's not) then it's on a car hauler...

maybe your 6spd swap is screwed up?:eviltongue:

Some of you are having a really hard time grasping the fact that less money spent on fuel means more money spent on mods, family events, things that are more fun than gas.

What's more fun than burning gas at WOT in your 10... :burnout:

In sixth gear?
:bandit:

What's more fun than burning gas at WOT in your 10... :burnout:

In sixth gear?
:bandit:

Maybe your mod list wouldn't read "on hold" if you drove responsibly more, and put the money you saved towards going faster when it counted. WADR.

put on your reading glasses you old chode and look at the tach... hell, ray charles could read that tach and speedo! (plus i said it - turn the volume up)

check the rear view mirror... unless that JGC is on 44's (hint: it's not) and pushing me down the road with the brushguard (hint: it's not) then it's on a car hauler...

maybe your 6spd swap is screwed up?:eviltongue:

Nope once again my swap is fine but I don't bog my engine like that. Oh and did see the trailer so kudos on that man. :D

Maybe your mod list wouldn't read "on hold" if you drove responsibly more, and put the money you saved towards going faster when it counted. WADR.

True story right there.

I never save money on gas so, i've gotta work extra long hours, fell asleep behind the wheel of another vehicle and totaled my heads cam package.

But now I know to use 6th gear at 30mph so I can save gas.

BUT ONLY ON FLAT LAND!!!:D:D

True story right there.

I never save money on gas so, i've gotta work extra long hours, fell asleep behind the wheel of another vehicle and totaled my heads cam package.

But now I know to use 6th gear at 30mph so I can save gas.

BUT ONLY ON FLAT LAND!!!:D:D

Excellent post! :D You get a gold star for being an exemplary member of the VTCoA.

Gold-star.jpg

I tried this at lunch, under light throttle i had no bucking or driveline slack noise....actually it bucks more goin on off throttle in 3rd at low rpms, than it does in 6th...but im only 33 so i guess thats only 33 years experience...

Last edited:
Engine knock is something you cant hear most of the time under light acceleration. The 05's and 06's have the knock sensors. The 04's don't. The knock sensor can read up to 1.2 volts before the timing is retarded 2 degrees. Don't know what the normal knock sensor voltage is at under ideal torque and HP curve but I assume it's around the 2500 - 3000 rpm range. Can someone data log the knock sensor voltage going 35mph in 6th just cruising and also going 35 - 50mph under light acceleration. The voltage reading should end this debate.

Engine knock is something you cant hear most of the time under light acceleration. The 05's and 06's have the knock sensors. The 04's don't. The knock sensor can read up to 1.2 volts before the timing is retarded 2 degrees. Don't know what the normal knock sensor voltage is at under ideal torque and HP curve but I assume it's around the 2500 - 3000 rpm range. Can someone data log the knock sensor voltage going 35mph in 6th just cruising and also going 35 - 50mph under light acceleration. The voltage reading should end this debate.

Good Morning, Bradley. Nice of you to join our little chat. :D

Got a rare 1/2 day off. Been fun reading this debate. Must be lonely at the mailbox.:D

Dont tell him but I waited till he went in to change his hairpiece and snagged the heads while he was gone.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back