RC Towing?

the clutch is the weak link. it will slip in higher grears if you floor it too hard with a load.

i didn't look before i started this,thanks for the help. I want to pull my viper with this truck and as i can see someone has done it...

as people have already pointed out ... the clutch is the weakpoint... remember this isn't the same manual that dodge puts in their 3500 diesels... it's basically (if not the same) tranny as in the viper... which obviously isn't meant for towing...

With that in mind, if it's ok to burn your clutch earlier than you might otherwise, go ahead and tow (obviously it has the tq)... but I just don't see any possible way that your clutch isn't going to fry much sooner than it should...

Towing a set of jet-skis or the like I would say ok. But, a viper is around 3200lbs, plus a trailer rated for that much weight is going to come in around 1200lbs or so. 4500lbs with a RC? I wouldn't do it. Say you baby the heck out of it and don't fry your clutch. But what happens when you sadly get in an accident and injure someone. They get a lawyer who finds that DC said no towing, guess who is going to get sued??? YOU!!

i tow an aquasport and a trailer with bikes, no problem...just drive conservatively:burnout:

better make sure that trailer hitch isn't installed when you go in for warranty work

I wouldnt worry about warranty on these trucks anyway, DC sucks as far as warranty.

If ya want warranty buy a saturn

Other than that tow like hell, in the end you may end up bagging the rear(fairly cheap) and replacing the clutch.

better make sure that trailer hitch isn't installed when you go in for warranty work
....and the little removable panel in the center of the bumper cover is for......:dontknow: not to mention the fourway flat trailer light connection

Unless they can prove you were towing, there is no reason a hitch should affect your warranty.

Just tell them you plan on towing as soon as the 3/36 expires.:)

The funny thing is under my truck there is a factory 4 pin trailer plug hanging??? so no towing but they put a trailer plug there..

Cost savings. No need to make a special harness for a SRT vs any other dodge truck.

I just put the mopar hitch and wiring harness in my RC today, install went reasonably easy, was just time consuming. I need to mount my brake controller (Im thinking the bottom console) and I'll be ready to tow.
Justin

it should be ok towing. i towed my parents horses a couple months ago. the only scary part was taking turns on the highway. it felt like the truck was drifting but other than that it all was smooth

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back