Read if you have a Roe Racing Supercharger

Sounded like it due to the boost being higher and the AF being a bit richer.
Try a dry card also.

Regards,
Sean

Roe Racing said:
Try a dry card also.

Regards,
Sean
will do. thanks for the quick turnaround.

Roe Racing said:
Hi Everyone,
If you have one of the Twin Screw Supercharger kits we’ve produced, send in your program cards for improvements we recently made.
When working on testing with the SCT flash programmer, I revisited the fuel curve based on manifold pressure and made some fine tune adjustments (a couple tenths of a millisecond here and there).
I’ll burn the new programs onto your existing cards and mail them back to you.
I also changed the point the O2 signal is grabbed and the voltage it’s held to, improving the 1-2psi low load boost drivability (some were running too rich there).
So you all know, I’m getting the message out with both direct mail and by using the board. So don’t worry if you know someone who has one of the kits, but doesn’t get on the board as they’ll get mail.

Regards,
Sean

PS, Speaking of the SCT…. I had told a few people that we are trying to use it with the SC kit (in place of the VEC), but we’ve been unsuccessful so far. We’re getting check engine lights for the MAP sensor. It may be possible to overcome this in the long run, but for the immediate future, all SC kits will come with the VEC3. We only considered the SCT flash device to help make for a faster SC install due to less wiring.
Sean, have you tried using a 2 bar GM style map sensor with the SCT when using it with your SC? i have wired one in, and got it to work, but it was a lot of reprogramming, but the readings were on par with the boost levels.
the SCT's are going to take some work, so your VEC has a difinite advantage over them right now, especially since it has its own internal map sensor.

Hi Gary,
Yes, we used the MSD / GM 2 bar MAP sensor and larger injectors.
Made the maps and got it all to work, but the stock PCM sets a code for no 5V to MAP after a few key on drive cycles due to the voltage being too low at key on.
SCT will have that table available after a while, just not right now.
They're pretty busy with the Hemi programming right now.
Regards,
Sean

Roe Racing said:
Try a dry card also.

Regards,
Sean

W/M card and dry card?....what do you mean?...is this just something for the autos?..:dontknow:

TNVIPER said:
W/M card and dry card?....what do you mean?...is this just something for the autos?..:dontknow:

It means water methanol and dry means without water meth.......

Hey :rock: that's great when Sean and Gary begins to speak over the forum :rock: :rock: .. yes, bunch of crazy truck drivers,we CAN learn something......:rock: :rock: :rock:

belgiumbarry said:
Hey :rock: that's great when Sean and Gary begins to speak over the forum :rock: :rock: .. yes, bunch of crazy truck drivers,we CAN learn something......:rock: :rock: :rock:

I would love to see a thread where our Vendors discuss issues like Sean and Gary have done on this one...its like a gathering of guru's and we have a microphone in the middle of the pack!

The more these people talk the better for all of us.

Good show Gary and Sean...

Prof said:
I would love to see a thread where our Vendors discuss issues like Sean and Gary have done on this one...its like a gathering of guru's and we have a microphone in the middle of the pack!

The more these people talk the better for all of us.

Good show Gary and Sean...

and i don't even know if i'm already allowed to post in a thread for those having a Roe SC....:confused: :dontknow: :eek:

i think this time of year with temps in the 40's in the mornings the card without meth would run better. gonna swap out the tune tonight and see how it does.

eddie102870 said:
i think this time of year with temps in the 40's in the mornings the card without meth would run better. gonna swap out the tune tonight and see how it does.

hey, wait a few days so i can join the party ! :eek: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

belgiumbarry said:

I AGREE... THATS AWESOME....:rock: :rock:

eddie102870 said:

Tried the no meth this evening...temp about 54.....truck ran like a MF..:elefant: ...A/F guage stopped ~11 verses < 10 yesterday evening with the meth....

Roe Racing said:
Hi Gary,
Yes, we used the MSD / GM 2 bar MAP sensor and larger injectors.
Made the maps and got it all to work, but the stock PCM sets a code for no 5V to MAP after a few key on drive cycles due to the voltage being too low at key on.
SCT will have that table available after a while, just not right now.
They're pretty busy with the Hemi programming right now.
Regards,
Sean
thats why i stayed away from them for SC applications, sounds like your VEC is a better choice, and you have the history of tuning with the VEC, so really the better choice would be you and Vec.
i just wasnt real enthused after talking with SCT, since they dont have a lot (hardly any at all) with the Vipers, and zero time with a Viper in a boosted application.
your Vec will actually do more, so good for you!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back