Reg. cab VS Quad cab

SnakeBite said:
Holly shit..... Look what I started!!! Too fluking funny..... The original question was about the manual vs auto and the fun factor. It's obvious why someone would want a QC over a RC, it's plain practical and still a BEAST! I have a diesel F350 that I tow with, my wife has a Tahoe for the family if we need it, I just like the fact that I can fit more in the CAB of my QC than would fit in the front seat of a RC. What's bothering me after driving mine for the first 6k miles is, I'm tired of trying to shift it like a manual to keep it in 1st if I don't go WOT off the line or to have to stomp back down on it to get it going agian, or keep it in 2nd to keep the RPMs up, or turn off the overdrive so the the gas pedal doesn't feel like mush!

If I do shift it manually its fine I guess....Just doesn't seem natural. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE this truck more than any truck I've ever had, including most of the cars as well (exclude Z06). I was just asking your guys opinion who have driven both, if the manual is REALLY ALL that much better in regards to fun factor and aggresive driving. I'm feeling like I should have bought C7 Z06 now simply because I'm just a freakin speed demon who can't get enough..... You guys are funny as hell, thought. Keep it up!:fight:

I have been in talks with a few guys and if you ever think you want to swap in a 6 speed let me know. PSI Motorsports can do the swap for you and my truck would the the donor so the only expense to you would be for a driveshaft and transport. I have a 04 RC with a 6 speed and would love to put a auto in my truck. so may be we can help each other out.:burnout: :rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Forgot to tell you though, I'll be sporting another 80-100 naturally aspirated rear wheel horse power by then, so be ready. :burnout:

i thought you were going to race me (without my NOS)?:dontknow: :rock:

mmmmtorque said:
Outnumbered....you coming to MATR (Mopars at the Rock) in April ? I'll run ya in my slow ass RC :D

I'm there. I missed it last year, simply because I didn't know about it.

Regular cabs all the way !! More smiles per the mile !!

Viperpowered said:
Quad cabs all the way!! Nothing like 500hp and four doors to go get groceries. :rock:
Or Ho's!:D :D

Viperpowered said:
Quad cabs all the way!! Nothing like 500hp and four doors to go get groceries. :rock:

I'll second that.. the looks that I get when I roll through the parking lot at my local Frys or Safeway!!! =):D :D :D :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock:

Stinker said:
Yep you would be pissed:D

i cant say it enough, ;) the RC is just plain outright FUN! its a damn beast!

it will honestly make ya feel 20 years younger! more looks from the babes!

pisses off ricers! makes fuel stops smile!

but the best thing is , sitting at a stop light, knowing a few are starring wondering what a viper is , or damn thats a nice truck.......the light turns green.........and with a f'n big ass smile you rev her to about 3000 an dump the clutch and just smoke the shit outta the tires till YOU decide to let out!

and then pull in the local KFC like it never happened, get out, smile like you got a 2ft long penis and go get some chicken.

With the QC? eh , well, makes ya feel kinda cool going to get groceries:D
nailed it right on -- stinker !!!

muttvipertruck said:
I believe this was stated earlier...and after all the talk the fact still remains...
RC=MANS TRUCK
QC=WOMANS TRUCK
plain and simple

An RC is a truck, a real truck...A QC is a sports utility vehicle without the hatch door on the back...

if you need 4 doors, buy a durango
if you cant shift gears, i believe ford makes all the lightning automatic
if you need to haul or tow...buy a hemi
if you want a real sports truck, buy the RC
uh ohhhhh, did you say -- minivan !!!!!:D

Stinker said:
WHAT DRIVERS OF QUAD CABS LOOK LIKE AND THEIR JOBS:D
stickers in the rear window of a qc:

Attachments

• smoke2.jpg
    smoke2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 17
  • smoke3.jpg
    smoke3.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 16
  • smoke4.jpg
    smoke4.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 16
  • smoke5.jpg
    smoke5.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 17
  • smoke6.jpg
    smoke6.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 16
  • smoke7.jpg
    smoke7.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 17
  • smoke.jpg
    smoke.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 17
ViperTruck2933 said:
I'm working on the hooking up issues too. I think we'll see alot of people's 1/4 mile times get significantly lower this year. ;)

Detroit Locker, cal tracs, slicks, I think the qc's days are numbered...

I am in a quandary right now...08 Viper or a qc to haul the rc???? I suggested both to the working partner in the family...she hiss'ed at me!

prof get the 08...did you know that the QC comes standard with a matching dress and heels? there was even mention of the 06 QC's coming with a matching purse.

oh roy, what i meant to say was get the 08 viper and while you are busy with turtle i will be out taking it for a spin

I did plan on having the spousal unit drive it...but that 08 Viper has really got my attention!

yeah got my attention too....i will put it on the list of all the other cars i cant afford til i hit the lotto

muttvipertruck said:
oh roy, what i meant to say was get the 08 viper and while you are busy with turtle i will be out taking it for a spin

What if I just buy you a Viper for a weekend a month, (well, maybe every other month)...or what if I let you drive the Viper whenever you want and you install a live cam so I can just watch!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back