Regional Forums...

So the count stands at

NO - 7

Yes - 6

Something in between - like an addition to communities where you can go view members in your area - 2

Something in between - like an addition to communities where you can go view members in your area - 3

Wifey, Brat, What do you think.

Shaggy...

What if this....

Can there be a way to send group messages based on social groups. That way if someone want to set up a group they can, if people want to join they can, and with that have a way to mass communicate within that social group.

This way, those that have no use for this type of thing don't have to wade through numerous forums, because the forum page would remain pretty much unchanged.

Us with Social groups can carry on with our business the way we choose

So you are saying just create social groups rather then the regional forum? That way members can be notified easier with up coming events in their area?

Social groups limits who will know of an event. If we had regional events listings, supporting members, members and guests can look in the regional forum for the various events.

When you load an event into the events area now, especially once it gets warmer, your event gets buried.

I'm involved in quite a few charity events every year, I need to get the information out to as many people as I can, with doing the social groups, I'm limited as to who I can get the information to.

Wifey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see you back girlfriend. Trainman has a surprise for you that I'm working on. How are things with you and the OLD man?

WOOOO HOOOOO, I wish you would hurry it up, there ain't nuttin like a good shifting video :rock::rock::rock::D:D:D

I'm great and the OLD man gives it his best shot ;):D:):rock:

That's the most sensible thing I've ever heard you say, Ken.

Keeping the family close is always a good thing.

Well said, bro.......

D

think it sounds kind of limiting or disruptive to the group as a whole. I don't want something that's going to limit who we're going to be interacting with not seeing every thread only certain ones in your area.

We are a close group from coast to coast and I don't want to dissapate that. So like with the military

My request was going to be that we start having in the "Groups" section an option to choose "regional" and we can organize our GTGs or meet ups under locality. Additionally the site could PM or automatically subscribe the Users in that group or region when there is a new GTG or event.

That's why I think a social group would be good. If you want to search for people in your area or see a list of members you can find it with out doing a roll call. Cuase not everyone is on here everyday.

Otherwise the family is still together

I think we should have a Social group under Communities that has a breakdown of the regions on a map.

i.e. South East, South West, North west, Midwest, North East or something like that.

Then you can click on the region you're closest to and view the members in that region along with their City/town, State

E.G. California, would be nice for us down in San Diego to be able to see who is in LA and Bakersfield, Vegas. So that we can invite anyone in a 5 hour window to a GTG.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back