Removing Plastic Baffles Behind Grill

sleeper said:
What the hell you guys driving so fast for? Is it really worth going to jail for?

Go sit in the corner with the little girls.

I have had mine out for a while and no problems

Alright.... leading me back to the adjustment of the hood latch topic.... how do I do it???????

Even pointing me in the right direction would help.....

Maybe a beer first.....

or two.....

BigBlackQC said:
Alright.... leading me back to the adjustment of the hood latch topic.... how do I do it???????

1. Open hood.
2. Climb in between the bumper and the oil cooler.
3. Have girl friend close hood.
4. Call me on your cell phone for next instruction.

Panels make your Ram SRT-10 faster

The pannels do more than ducting cool, high pressure, air to the factory airbox on the right (pass) side of the front end. They actually help the performance by allowing more air to flow around the front end smoothly.
It is an old race trick, (even the lightning guys know this) to put panels in the grill area so the air flows around, instead of through the grill.
It is all about aerodynamics, maybe Silverback can give an explination on why this works to reduce drag. It is proven that putting blocked off panels at the grill will change the coeficient of drag (CD) for the better.

when removed the engine bay becomes a parachute so to speak.......it also lightens the front end at higher speeds.

Ok, so back to the question at hand....

HOW DO I ADJUST THE HOOD LATCH!!!!??????????

BTW, Prof's response is being ignored.... :D :D

FSTJACK said:
The pannels do more than ducting cool, high pressure, air to the factory airbox on the right (pass) side of the front end. They actually help the performance by allowing more air to flow around the front end smoothly.
It is an old race trick, (even the lightning guys know this) to put panels in the grill area so the air flows around, instead of through the grill.
It is all about aerodynamics, maybe Silverback can give an explination on why this works to reduce drag. It is proven that putting blocked off panels at the grill will change the coeficient of drag (CD) for the better.

Yup!!!! Same reason why Nascar teams tape up the front grill as much as possible. Air flowing through the engine slows it down..................so at the track it helps...... everyday driving:dontknow: ....probably doesnt do much, so maybe dump em and run cooler!

patrick

FSTJACK said:

Whoa!

Dang those are some mighty big words there. Ummm what did ya call me? :D
ROFLMAO!!!

But seriously folks...I have heard of this too.
Something about negative pressure being built in front of the truck. Dunno, interesting though. Where's Flyinglow? Smokie? What's the jet pilot opinion? Care to opine bro? (dang Prof's got me doing it again).

Perry

Last edited:
BigBlackQC said:
So I removed the plastic baffles behind the grill yesterday and later on was playing around on an empty road. Around 110-120 the hood popped up and was caught by the safety latch, so no damage. My question is: After removing these baffles, who has gone on some high speed runs? I know nowwhat runs 120+ in the 1/4 so I know you've seen these speeds. Has anyone else had a problem with under hood pressure before? I've run these speeds many times before and never had this problem. Any input is greatly appreciated. Also, I need a solution, and putting the baffles back in is not an option because I like the way the truck looks without them.

Thanks!
Joe

Man that had to scare the chit out of you!! Could have been nasty.Never thought about taking them out.May give it a try and see if she runs a little cooler.:rock:

Cant see that without the baffles your hood would come open ive been around 6k miles without mine & plenty of fast runs to Vegas & Havasu up to 160mph, you might have not got the hood shut all the way / latched.

mauiSRT/10 said:
Yup!!!! Same reason why Nascar teams tape up the front grill as much as possible. Air flowing through the engine slows it down..................so at the track it helps...... everyday driving:dontknow: ....probably doesnt do much, so maybe dump em and run cooler!

patrick
And we have a winner!!! I tape off the front of my hemi at the track a couple of times, it seemed to help but was a pain in the ass!!!

For the third time... not to beat a dead horse.... but could someone please tell me if there is any adjustment for the hood latch or not?

As a side note, may I congradulate all of you on being expert tangent masters. I don't think I have ever seen so many people go on different tangents so many times... But it's all good because I do it sometimes too... it's just frustrating when I need some advice and am having a hard time getting it...

Thanks in advance!

Joe

The hood latch is bolted to the radiator core support with 2 bolts, if you loosen those 2 bolts you can move the latch up or down.

Bill.

Begood said:
The hood latch is bolted to the radiator core support with 2 bolts, if you loosen those 2 bolts you can move the latch up or down.

Bill.

I wonder how much weight could be lost by replacing said bolts throughout the truck with Ti bolts? (another tangent....:D )

wheredwhogo? said:
oh, you havent seen chit....our tangents have tangents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know of a good Ti bolt supplier for SAE? My supplier is all Metric......:p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back