Resizing pics to post?

jbilledeaux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but I have a new camera and when I try and upload pics here the file size is to big to post? Any suggestions will be appreciated!

OCBob said:
Best bet is just uploading them to photobucket. It's the easiest way of doing it IMO.
Well next stupid question, how would I do that??

I use Microsoft Picture Manager for mine. On most forums 650 pixels wide is best. You can also host your images else where and copy and paste them here. You also have the choice to put a thumbnail here to click and enlarge otherwise use the link below, not the best but it works. If you don't have Microsoft Office, I recommend getting it.

:)

http://online-image-resize.kategorie.cz/

Thank you much, I will try and post some updated pics of the truck:rock:

The easiest way to do it is in Paint. Open the picture in paint and then click Image. Then click Resize. Chose the size %. Like 50% of the size it is and so on. Easiest way without buying anything.

jbilledeaux said:
Well next stupid question, how would I do that??
Easy, just go to http://www.photobucket.com and open up a free account. Uploading pics is as easy as pushing a button. When you want to post them just roll over the pic and click on the IMG cold when it pops up (you'll see what I mean hehe). It will automatically copy it to your clipboard, then all you have to do is paste it into the post and it will be viewable to everyone. It's even easier than it sounds.

Use Adobe Photoshop and use the scripts option to resize all the photos in a folder automatically even if there are thousands of pics in the folder. The resized pics are saved as a copy of the original so the originals are untouched.;) Then upload all the resized pics you want to Photobucket.

Ok guys, I've been dealing with massive amounts of photos for my own web site for quite some time and the absolute best photo software I've found (and cheapest) is Firehand Ember. Provides the ability to resize hundreds of photos at one time. Kind of looks like windows explorer in the way it's set up and gives you drag and drop from folder to folder.

I've been using it for a number of years and for cost and effectiveness, you can't beat it.

Cool deal, I really appreciate all the info on this, I should be trying to post some updated pics of the truck and the car I'm thinkin bout buyin for the wife. Let's see if I'm smarter than this computer:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back