Results from the Track 16 Dec 06.....

jrgnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got to say that I need a line lock to properly warm up the slicks. I was having traction issues with all launches but specially with converter loading ones. I got about the same wheel spin that I did with the street tires but with street tires I would have to get out of it and back in.

The best two passes were done by jumping on the throttle from idle. I have never felt such a shuttered. Also the growing of the tire after hitting second gear takes some getting used to...

I sprayed on all passes or I thought I did. The motor was bogging down during the shot leading me to believe that I was just dumping fuel and no NOS.

How can I test the system? Also what brand of Line Lock do you folks suggest.

BTW I didn't spin the tires enough during the burn out to complete remove the sticker from the tires....:(

The two left time slips are today's...The right one is the one from MIR...

Attachments

• Dec_16_002.jpg
    Dec_16_002.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 157
You got good taction. but you were definately not spraying the nitrous because your 8th times are 2 tenths better than it bogged when you hit the nitrous and you lost that 2 tenths you just gained and 4 mph.

I dunno how you can test if your NOS is spraying....but if you are bogging then that def sounds like its just more fuel on no NOS. I forgot to open my bottle one time but had the system armed and the truck just fell on its face and cut in and out.

I'm having a line lock installed by True Performance right now but don't know what kind it is....maybe Roll Control? I'll post up when I get my truck back...but should be a great mod!

Good 60's for not even heating up the tires that much! I got you on mile an hour but you got me on ET......I'm coming for ya!

fast_qc_hemi said:
You got good taction. but you were definately not spraying the nitrous because your 8th times are 2 tenths better than it bogged when you hit the nitrous and you lost that 2 tenths you just gained and 4 mph.

Those two runs were down of idle and they still spun and grabbed. Anything loading the converter was spinning passed the tree...

Rice Eater said:
I dunno how you can test if your NOS is spraying....but if you are bogging then that def sounds like its just more fuel on no NOS. I forgot to open my bottle one time but had the system armed and the truck just fell on its face and cut in and out.

I'm having a line lock installed by True Performance right now but don't know what kind it is....maybe Roll Control? I'll post up when I get my truck back...but should be a great mod!

Good 60's for not even heating up the tires that much! I got you on mile an hour but you got me on ET......I'm coming for ya!

Bring it on...:D :D...I will have a line lock and my NOS kit looked at....:burnout:

Don't discount the spinning as bad only. I think there is an advantage to some slight spinning in order to get the truck up in the RPM range where the power is. A 1.7- is a good 60' time. I agree with others that I don't think your nitrous is spraying, you'd be running more MPH, IMO.

I hear Atco is open on Sunday - Dec 17th.;)

Even stickier than Cecil!!:rock:

1Fast400 said:
Don't discount the spinning as bad only. I think there is an advantage to some slight spinning in order to get the truck up in the RPM range where the power is. A 1.7- is a good 60' time. I agree with others that I don't think your nitrous is spraying, you'd be running more MPH, IMO.

Point taken on the wheel spin. I am thinking of a second stage coming in at 3-4 gear shift...The shift from 3rd(1.0) to 4th(.69) is bogging the motor also.

Also are the Hoosiers a harder compound than the M&Hs?

Last edited:
Hamrhead said:
I hear Atco is open on Sunday - Dec 17th.;)

Even stickier than Cecil!!:rock:

Well no offense to Cecil fans, but the track really didn't impress me. They sure did prep it. I personally think they had to much glue on the track. After running and going back to the pits, you could see the glue covering the entire slick...

ATCO runs all year long. I need to check how far it is from here. I won't be able to do it this weekend. I want the line lock installed first...

Just some random comments here. I don't know a lot about your past run, meaning if it was no nos/nos, but something is going on. On both runs you're .25 quicker at the 60', .15 quicker at the 1/8th, but you're dead even at the end of the track and off by almost 5mph from the previous run. I can't figure out why you're off so much on MPH. 5mph is A LOT at these speeds.

Were you on nitrous on the VIR run? If you weren't then you have to be losing power from some where to be off by 5mph. You should have been in the 11.50's, if the truck ran exactly the same as that VIR run, with that type of 60'.

1Fast400 said:
Just some random comments here. I don't know a lot about your past run, meaning if it was no nos/nos, but something is going on. On both runs you're .25 quicker at the 60', .15 quicker at the 1/8th, but you're dead even at the end of the track and off by almost 5mph from the previous run. I can't figure out why you're off so much on MPH. 5mph is A LOT at these speeds.

Were you on nitrous on the VIR run? If you weren't then you have to be losing power from some where to be off by 5mph. You should have been in the 11.50's, if the truck ran exactly the same as that VIR run, with that type of 60'.

The MIR run was done without Nitrous. The bottle was too cold and it's pressure was around 600 PSI. I didn't leave the bottle heater on cause I did early and it drained my battery...So I have to choose between letting the motor cool off or heat my bottle.

Next time I go to the track, I am going to do a pass on the streets tires to see if I can replicate the 11.8 pass.

Do you know how to test a Nitrous system?

Still doesn't explain why you lost almost .3 of ET and 5mph from the previous run. Something doesn't add up. From the 330' to the 1/8th, which is only 330', you lost almost a tenth, same from there to the end of the track (660'). Are you SURE you didn't engage the nitrous on that one run? It's the only thing that makes sense. For the life of me I can't think of any other way the times workout.

What makes all this even more confusing, is that your first run was on street tires vs slicks. Once the truck launched you shouldn't have had any traction issues, where I assume you did with the street tires. The only way you could make up for the lost ET from spinning the street tires is with nitrous. It's the only logical explanation for how you picked up .3 on street tires vs slicks. On paper, it looks like your street tire run was done on nitrous and your slick time wasn't. Your two passes on slicks looks JUST like NowWhat's in the time slip link, except he ran a little more mph. So I would say you don't have nitrous coming in, but you did on the street tire run.

If you want to find out if nitrous is coming in, weigh your bottle. I have no idea how much nitrous you are running. I'm going to guess, on a 5lb bottle (no idea what size you have), that you could make a max of 2 passes. Now that I think about it, I bet your bottle is empty. That is the only thing that makes sense

1Fast400 said:
Still doesn't explain why you lost almost .3 of ET and 5mph from the previous run. Something doesn't add up. From the 330' to the 1/8th, which is only 330', you lost almost a tenth, same from there to the end of the track (660'). Are you SURE you didn't engage the nitrous on that one run? It's the only thing that makes sense. For the life of me I can't think of any other way the times workout.

What makes all this even more confusing, is that your first run was on street tires vs slicks. Once the truck launched you shouldn't have had any traction issues, where I assume you did with the street tires. The only way you could make up for the lost ET from spinning the street tires is with nitrous. It's the only logical explanation for how you picked up .3 on street tires vs slicks. On paper, it looks like your street tire run was done on nitrous and your slick time wasn't. Your two passes on slicks looks JUST like NowWhat's in the time slip link, except he ran a little more mph. So I would say you don't have nitrous coming in, but you did on the street tire run.

Well, I didn't run nitrous on the street tires pass. I also didn't have a traction problem because I rolled into the launch. No wheel spin at all.

Don't ask me to explain it cause I can't. So if my word is not good enough for you, then don't believe me.:burnout:

1Fast400 said:
If you want to find out if nitrous is coming in, weigh your bottle. I have no idea how much nitrous you are running. I'm going to guess, on a 5lb bottle (no idea what size you have), that you could make a max of 2 passes. Now that I think about it, I bet your bottle is empty. That is the only thing that makes sense

Nope..it is not empty...it weighs 22 pounds...and I am only running a 50 shot...

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just looking at the time slips and trying to offer an explanation. I'll see if someone else can figure out how you lost .3 tenths of a second and 5mph, because I can't.

1Fast400 said:
I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just looking at the time slips and trying to offer an explanation. I'll see if someone else can figure out how you lost .3 tenths of a second and 5mph, because I can't.

The reason I am posting it here....I am by no means a expert in drag racing. I knew that there could be some controvercy over the fluctuation of the times but hopefully something useful will come out of it that I could utilize at the track....

jrgnd said:
So if my word is not good enough for you, then don't believe me.:burnout:

He is not calling you a liar. He is just trying to figure what is going on with your times. You have your time slip and we believe you. Just trying to figure out what is going on. I had a similar issue with my STS. My 1/8 mile times were the same between my N/A runs and my turbo runs. But my end trap speeds were much faster and my times were only a little better. Even with the same 60's.

FlyingLow said:
He is not calling you a liar. He is just trying to figure what is going on with your times. You have your time slip and we believe you. Just trying to figure out what is going on. I had a similar issue with my STS. My 1/8 mile times were the same between my N/A runs and my turbo runs. But my end trap speeds were much faster and my times were only a little better. Even with the same 60's.

Got it....:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back