ROE or PAXTON

thats the bad thing i know of 2 srt-10 around here including walenator's, much less than anyone having a s/c

dodgeff232 said:
thats the bad thing i know of 2 srt-10 around here including walenator's, much less than anyone having a s/c

Same,

These trucks are NOT like owning a 5L (302) Mustang.
The learning curve is quite steep for a while.
Trial and error continues to work for me.

rottenronnie said:
Same,

These trucks are NOT like owning a 5L (302) Mustang.
The learning curve is quite steep for a while.
Trial and error continues to work for me.
Trial and error sucks with these things. :D

Make sure you have some deep pockets if you decide to go Forced Induction!!

10 grand here... 10 grand there... 5 thou over here..... it almost never ends.

Patience my young Jedi....

Looks like rain at the track tomorrow. Maybe I'll take one of the SRT-8 Grand Cherokees out for an "extended" test drive.

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
Patience my young Jedi....

Looks like rain at the track tomorrow. Maybe I'll take one of the SRT-8 Grand Cherokees out for an "extended" test drive.

Ahh you bastard.. :) That's what i wanted to do this week, but it's hard to sell em on the fact that i "might" be trading off my SRT-10 when i don't have it lol.

Tell me how that thing is, my brother is really looking to get one.. him and his fiance bought a Civic SI and now that they are getting married in a month they need to upgrade.

Deibs said:
Ahh you bastard.. :) That's what i wanted to do this week, but it's hard to sell em on the fact that i "might" be trading off my SRT-10 when i don't have it lol.

Tell me how that thing is, my brother is really looking to get one.. him and his fiance bought a Civic SI and now that they are getting married in a month they need to upgrade.

I KNOW how it is; every single one I have seen at the track runs in the 13s (here) and is extremely close to my truck. If my wife hadn't treed the guy she was racing by 4/100 sec; she might have lost to it. I have driven 2, fast and fun, the 6.1 Hemi really pulls hard. More good parts for them than for us...

They seem considerably quicker than the SRT-8 cars, even from a roll. :dontknow: Tanks though, 4800 pounds (no driver)

If you want one, come to Calgary, they are selling around 10 grand under list right now..Same in Red Deer?
If we put studded radials on, maybe we could keep the track open all year!!

Did you take your truck to A. Lee already?
Did you find your injectors?
Who is "THE SECOND" guy looking at the Roe? Note: the second word is highlighted, indicating SECOND in line. :)

Last edited:
Not even close to 10 under.. that's the problem with dealers in Red Deer they still think their the only ones with em..

As for the truck i talked a little bit with his son Wade and what we priced out for a build i'm not sure i'll do it here. I can send it to Underground and have it done for considerably less. There is just the hassle of being truck-less for an extended period of time. Although i would have everything done to it in time for summer.. Suncoast tranny, new rear-end and would be awaiting the engine.

What sucks the most is that i had promised my brother that we would use the truck for his wedding. So i imagine i'll quick fix it for now and decide from there.

If the first part does happen i can say i'll be sticking with the Roe and boosting the living crap out of it. If it cannot make the RWHP #'s (900+) that i want then i will be going twins.. i seen boomer pushing 1600 out of Paxtons so then i should be able to push that much easily right :dontknow:

What's this rumor I keep hearing about Roes being removed and replaced with Paxtons? I like the ROE set up and look but I think (due chiefly to my distrust of the VECIII) I will likely go Paxton before the year is done.:dontknow:

Venom Power said:
What's this rumor I keep hearing about Roes being removed and replaced with Paxtons? I like the ROE set up and look but I think (due chiefly to my distrust of the VECIII) I will likely go Paxton before the year is done.:dontknow:

Sounds like a conspiracy....;)

The only one i know of doing that was 1fast400, he couldn't get enough boost out of the Twin Screw so he changed over to a Novi. But were talking in the range of 1000+ RWHP...

As for the VECIII what's to dislike? For what it costs it's definatly the best system out there. Don't misconstrue that though, the AEM is probably the best but for the price....

EDIT:

Oh Jamie was mentioning he wanted it lol.. i told him you had first dibs. :)

Last edited:
I really need to rethink things. I know I never race at the track and it'll make no sense to start just because of the Paxton install.. Now that I am thinking about it, the ROE choice would probably be better for daily driving.. DAMN IT, that means the throttle body wouldn't be used anymore..:(

Deibs said:
The only one i know of doing that was 1fast400, he couldn't get enough boost out of the Twin Screw so he changed over to a Novi. But were talking in the range of 1000+ RWHP...

As for the VECIII what's to dislike? For what it costs it's definatly the best system out there. Don't misconstrue that though, the AEM is probably the best but for the price....

EDIT:

Oh Jamie was mentioning he wanted it lol.. i told him you had first dibs. :)

Thanks!

Hey the Jeeps are $54,000 FULL loads; at least a dozen in the city right now between only 2 dealers.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post; comparing an 8 or 9 p.s.i. system to a 5-1/2 p.s.i. system isn't much of a comparison. And to add insult to injury, either one will lose a pound just because of our altitude.

Venom Power said:
I really need to rethink things. I know I never race at the track and it'll make no sense to start just because of the Paxton install.. Now that I am thinking about it, the ROE choice would probably be better for daily driving.. DAMN IT, that means the throttle body wouldn't be used anymore..:(

Yeah i was torn at first too but with a QC i would never bring it to the track besides a 1/4 mile, which either is good for! A Roe on a road course would be murder.. lol that thing would put you into the grass so much.

As for the Throttle Body i believe someone here with a TSTM is running the X-Metal TB. It was on my order list, so it has better fit. :)

Venom Power said:

What throttle body??

The X-Metal throttle body. I don't know if it'll bolt on to the ROE, or if it's even needed..:dontknow: But deibs just said someone here was running a twin screw top mount.. I do hope so. I love the bling effect from the throttle body.

Last edited:
Venom Power said:
The X-Metal throttle body. I don't know if it'll bolt on to the ROE, or if it's even needed..:dontknow:

The stocker OR a ported version is needed.
Deibs is running a Roe...

Last edited:
Nope i'm running the stock TB.

Looking to upgrade to the X-Metal ported and beautifully polished on the outside TB :)

Deibs said:
Nope i'm running the stock TB.

Looking to upgrade to the X-Metal ported and beautifully polished on the outside TB :)

AHA! so the X-Metal TB works with the ROE TSTM.... MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA... veeeeeery interesting.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back