Roe SC install question

94rt10ohio said:
It is done. Was harder than I thought, much more wiring, and those crank pins were a surprise. If you have some mechanical ability you can do this, just take your time!! I have yet to start it, letting it sit over night to let the silicone dry. I have primed the fuel, no leaks there :)

Cool Beans!!:rock: :rock:

Keep us posted when you fire her up!!

94rt10ohio said:
It is done. Was harder than I thought, much more wiring, and those crank pins were a surprise. If you have some mechanical ability you can do this, just take your time!! I have yet to start it, letting it sit over night to let the silicone dry. I have primed the fuel, no leaks there :)
Congratulations. You will love it.

Whooooooooop, Whooooooooooooooooooop, Whooooooooooooooooooooooooop!

Must have done something right, it runs and no check engine light! One problem though..... It is raining!! Two questions for Roe owners.....

1. The gas pedal, there is a little play in it, in other words when you initially push on it there is slack. You also have to push harder than before to get the pedel to open the throttle. I know the throttle cables are now ran a little differently but is this the norm? If so I have to get use to that harder pedal, eveytime I hit the gas I have to push to hard and end up with more RPMs than I want :)

2. At idle there is a ever so SLIGHT whine. Is this normal? I thought maybe vacume leak, but then again I have that SC sitting there, I imagine it could be coming from there.

Waiting for the rain to stop so I can go fill up with 94 and switch to my Meth card!

My pedal was no different after install?

As for the whine, I think it is normal with the screws turning, even at low RPM's!!

Hope it dry's up soon!!:D

Concur with Marc's comments...check your cables...should not be any different.

Congratulations on getting it up and running.

My throttle effort did not change. I would be very critical of the throttle body install. Something sounds out of alignment.

The whine is evident at idle for me as well.

Last edited:
I moved the cables from under the line to the brake booster to over. The "hard" pedal is better, more like I remember it, but I still have that play. I can take the throttle cable and pull it out at the very end and there is probably 3/4" before it stops. The play does not bother me that much, but I am unsure if I will get WOT. Need someone else to be outside while I push the pedal to see if it is wide open. There probably is a adjustment down by the pedal, may go out a little later and look.

Still misting and wet!! Damn it! I get on a plane for Atlanta tomorrow, will not be back until Thu night.

Last edited:
if i think i'm half correct on thinking about what your talking about.. you have slack in the throttle cable from the factory? Mine did .. i just used a few small zip ties and wha la! no more slack.. i got a little better throttle response from it or it could just be in my head but i didn't like the slack in the cable..hope this helps.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back