Roe TSTM Owners...Must Read...

Prof

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had some reading time in my trip to and from Denver this weekend...tripped over an article that raised lots of questions about our Roe TMTS...in terms of next steps and some interesting ideas...

December 2007 Issue of Hot Rod Magazine...article: "Blown Alky LS", pp 102 - 112.

Careful reading kind of addresses some of the questions that have been raised recently...and there are some interesting concepts that someone with a lot more expertise than me will need to think about. i.e. horsepower gains from meth injection...intercooler under the TMTS using Maguson's unit...a different approach to throttle body design....once we have maxed out the small upper pully, what do we have to do to start increasing the size of the crank pulley to go with even more boost...

Let me know what you think...

I think that would be a copyright violation...but I will send the pages to you!

Roy

I've always thought that a bulletproofed motor with racing heads, a good cam, and the small pulley on the Roe, would make an ultimate street machine without having to go the turbo route. I bet you could squeeze 800 hp from a setup like that...

Prof said:
Had some reading time in my trip to and from Denver this weekend...tripped over an article that raised lots of questions about our Roe TMTS...in terms of next steps and some interesting ideas...

December 2007 Issue of Hot Rod Magazine...article: "Blown Alky LS", pp 102 - 112.

Careful reading kind of addresses some of the questions that have been raised recently...and there are some interesting concepts that someone with a lot more expertise than me will need to think about. i.e. horsepower gains from meth injection...intercooler under the TMTS using Maguson's unit...a different approach to throttle body design....once we have maxed out the small upper pully, what do we have to do to start increasing the size of the crank pulley to go with even more boost...

I haven't read the article but it is good to see continued development with the Roe. It HAS to be easier to tune a Viper engine with a blower with a predictable boost curve than one with a turbo that hits hard all of a sudden or builds boost in an inconsistent manner; which is a great recipe for spectacular mechanical disasters.

Kudos to those that persevere and are able to tune engines that don't use a Mass Air Flow Sensors (like ours).

Prof said:

I had this happen to me on a 97 GTP a few years back with a M90 blower. We went from a 6 rib to a 8 rib years before the GTP comunity cought on. Anyway we pressed fit a new ring over the crank pully. I was running 18psi on the blower before the ring and with the increase in 3/16's of a ring picked up 2 more psi of boost with water/alcohol injection. Like I said though this was back in 2001.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back