Roe vs Paxton For A Daily Driver

CarDude said:
Just because the supercharger is spinning does not mean it is appying a certain amount of boost...someone might want to explain that better than I can. I think that is what he is thinking...in other words 3K in rpm doesn't necessarily mean 3PSI, so to speak...

Well regardless of how much boost it makes, the seat of my pants knows a big difference.

But as 2ndchance said, WHO CARES!!!!!!! :D

FSTJACK said:
Gentlemen, this discussion is like which came first, the chicken or the egg.

Everyone has their opinion, some of these opinions are from knowledgeable people.

Some of these opinions are from folks that just barley know where to put the fuel in.

But everybody is an expert, just ask them.

I was in the high performance fuel injection and induction busines my entire life, untill I retired.
I don't find it necessary to defend or provoke a discussion that is meaningless, in the long run

My opinion is that both units are very good and will give you a good kick in the seat of the pants.

This discussion can go like all it's predicessors that have been started on the Roe vs the Paxton.
That is straight into the toilet, if personalities are not contained and the facts are not adhered to.

If you go to any NHRA race and watch Super Comp which runs on an 8.90 class index, you will see many types of cars and a few trucks. There is a myraid of engine combinations run to get the car down the track.
1 carburetor, multiple carburetors, fuel injection, 6 cyl engines, 8 cyl engines. SBC, BBC, BBF Hemi's, powerglides, Lenco's. turbo 400's.
Body styles are; dragster, roadster, door cars, ect, ect, ect.

The point is that there many ways to get to the finish line in 8.9 seconds.

There are also many ways to have fun with these trucks.
The key here is FUN, if you want to rain on somebodys parade, go to the alley or somewhere else.

I am sick of the on going discussion regarding one unit being better than the other. They are different and both have negatives and positives.

Both stand on their own merits, and my opinion will not make or break either company.

Remember the key thing is FUN, don't loose sight of that or you will wind up pissing on today.

JAck that was so well authored that I want both of them to have double the fun!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) ;) ;) ;) :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

nycstev said:
JAck that was so well authored that I want both of them to have double the fun!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) ;) ;) ;) :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
The only problem with both S/C's is what one goes on what truck?:dontknow:

Either way you go your going to be super fast for sure:rock: :rock: Its all in the tune and the driver in terms of what going to be faster.

FSTJACK said:
Gentlemen, this discussion is like which came first, the chicken or the egg.

Everyone has their opinion, some of these opinions are from knowledgeable people.

Some of these opinions are from folks that just barley know where to put the fuel in.

But everybody is an expert, just ask them.

I was in the high performance fuel injection and induction busines my entire life, untill I retired.
I don't find it necessary to defend or provoke a discussion that is meaningless, in the long run

My opinion is that both units are very good and will give you a good kick in the seat of the pants.

This discussion can go like all it's predicessors that have been started on the Roe vs the Paxton.
That is straight into the toilet, if personalities are not contained and the facts are not adhered to.

If you go to any NHRA race and watch Super Comp which runs on an 8.90 class index, you will see many types of cars and a few trucks. There is a myraid of engine combinations run to get the car down the track.
1 carburetor, multiple carburetors, fuel injection, 6 cyl engines, 8 cyl engines. SBC, BBC, BBF Hemi's, powerglides, Lenco's. turbo 400's.
Body styles are; dragster, roadster, door cars, ect, ect, ect.

The point is that there many ways to get to the finish line in 8.9 seconds.

There are also many ways to have fun with these trucks.
The key here is FUN, if you want to rain on somebodys parade, go to the alley or somewhere else.

I am sick of the on going discussion regarding one unit being better than the other. They are different and both have negatives and positives.

Both stand on their own merits, and my opinion will not make or break either company.

Remember the key thing is FUN, don't loose sight of that or you will wind up pissing on today.

And that folks, is why I love this man.:) :rock:

Personally, I was looking forward to hearing Roy exude a bit more of his personality......

It was an unusual outburst that got me all excited 'n shit......

Then Jack had ta' git all reasonable on our asses..........

For once in my VTCOA life I would'a witnessed "Roy with (a case'o) the Red Ass" and Jackie had ta' fk it all up....

Sheeit...... !:mad: ;) :p :D :rock:

D

I never mind people extolling the virtues of a product...but to dis a product that some people may be depending on for the lively hood without specific knowledge is less than responsible...these are expensive pieces of equipment...small businesses always have cash flow issues...the idea that some ill advised, unknowing, opinion, loosely stated might cause hardship for a small company to me is just wrong.

If you have never tried to continually make payroll, pay quarterly taxes, and manage the day to day drudgery of running a business you should try. The loss or even the delay of a $6000 check can make the difference between people have a job and not having one. I care about Roe Racing, DC Performance, JMB, Steve's start up, Mopar Connection, X-Metal and all the others...anyone of them will tell you that the loss of a $6000 sale at the wrong time could be terrible.

Nuff said. I apologize. I am now inscrutable again...

Prof said:
I never mind people extolling the virtues of a product...but to dis a product that some people may be depending on for the lively hood without specific knowledge is less than responsible...these are expensive pieces of equipment...small businesses always have cash flow issues...the idea that some ill advised, unknowing, opinion, loosely stated might cause hardship for a small company to me is just wrong.

If you have never tried to continually make payroll, pay quarterly taxes, and manage the day to day drudgery of running a business you should try. The loss or even the delay of a $6000 check can make the difference between people have a job and not having one. I care about Roe Racing, DC Performance, JMB, Steve's start up, Mopar Connection, X-Metal and all the others...anyone of them will tell you that the loss of a $6000 sale at the wrong time could be terrible.

Nuff said. I apologize. I am now inscrutable again...

In the past you've remarked about how you love it when I get my blood up on a specific topic....

And it's true.... I do focus like a laser at times when I believe there's injustice or some principle at stake..... Defending the truth and sheilding others from untoward aggression is the responsiblility of every right thinking individual....

I vigorously salute you............:rock:

D

sleeper said:
Hey Prof, how you going to get the Roe to fit under the hood of your future viper?

Sean Roe has been building super vipers for many years longer than he has Ram SRT 10's. He will know what to do with the new Viper...God willing and pending the approval of the working family member...

ViperTruck2933 said:
If I am not mistaken, the Viper Gen III Roe kit is coming soon. I think Sean already has it figured out. :rock:

I am not sure, but I believe the side mount version would fit on the Viper!!

Maybe I should call Sean...maybe I could be the prototype...

Thanks for all the reply's. I am not trying to create a argument for or against either product. Both are great and have their different strengths. What I am trying to figure out is which is better for the way I use my truck. I can't afford a new engine. Longevity is the issue with me. My truck is my company car. Boost levels at 3-5 hours of 2500 sustained RPM,s in 100 degree heat, only to come off the interstate and sit in traffic, shut down for 30 minutes, and do it all again. Is anyone currently using their truck this way with either system in place. Can someone say, yes I have this system and have had it for 1 year, 2 years, put twenty thousand, thirty thousand miles in your same driving conditions without any problems. THANKS!!!!!!!!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back