Roe vs Paxton: The real story :)

SRT-MIKE said:
The change in performance is much more noticeable with the Roe, the low end is brutal. The Paxton boost is more subtle. On the same token, yesterday my son and I went to a quiet road where we have 1/4-mile markers to make a few timed runs, every one of them was better than the best run I ever had with the Roe. So perception can really be deceiving. As far as being able to break them loose at will, I really miss that top mount beast... But I believe a swap to 4.88's will take care of that :D

I believe that it's that gradual onset of torque that will make for easier launches, so I view that as a benefit (particularly if staying with 10.5 slicks).

What will be interesting is comparing the truck with the Paxton and the Stude and its monster 14-71 blower. Both base setups should fall between 800-900 rwhp (the Stude should hit about 1300-1400 at 30psi on 117 octane). I have a feeling that the Stude is going to feel like being kicked from behind by a giant, while the truck will feel more like being shot from a big ass slingshot. :D

bigike said:
Thought I'd revieve this the best Paxton V Roe write up of all time.

I agree, one of the best writeups I have ever read. Now someone needs to let him borrow their Turbo truck for a couple of weeks!:rock:

Great write up. You made the right decision to reach your goal of 800-900 rwhp. As you mentioned and I've posted before Paxton's start breathing at 3000-3500 rpm and keep pulling all the way through up to redline. While the Roes give you monster torque at the bottom end, but run out of wind at the 4500 rpm range. If you still want the bottom end kick in the pants the 4:88's are the way to go. Then you'll have the best of both worlds.:rock: :rock:

Last edited:
There are members here that are running out of blower at 650 rwhp using the paxton. Scrambler1, RamFromHell, and FSTJACK all ran out of blower with a big engine build. The ROE also has topped out at the same area (speculation is the ROE may do better with an improved intake). Going higher will require turbos or an upgraded SC.

Last edited:
Great write up for sure:rock: , but I love my ROE!!:D I'd really like to go for a ride in a paxton truck to feel the difference.

tinygiants said:
There are members here that are running out of blower at 650 rwhp using the paxton. Scrambler1, RamFromHell, and FSTJACK all ran out of blower with a big engine build.

Yes they are, but they run out of blower because their engines flow much more air (ie have high flow heads, different intakes, low compression pistons, and stroked engines). If you build a motor forged the bottom, coat the pistons, keep the same compression, and stroke with a mild cam and miner work on the heads (ie polish, roller rocker, ti springs, and hardened push rods) install a 10lbs or even a 12lbs pulley, upgrade the fuel system, and meth injection you will be difinetly in the 800 rwhp ball park. Throw a little shot of laughing gas and you'll be knocking at the 900 rwhp door.

RedSRT007 - was pushing on his truck 680 with just meth, stock pulley, and otherwise stock engine. If I'm not mistaken

Last edited:
LoveThisTruck said:
Great write up for sure:rock: , but I love my ROE!!:D I'd really like to go for a ride in a paxton truck to feel the difference.

If you're ever in South Florida look me up I'll take you for a spin.

we need some roe dyno's next to paxton.

Remember a Roe has gon 11.03's and said, rumored, lied to be lower in the 10's

bigike said:
Other screwed cars make 1000 hp..............we will too :)

Neither the Paxton nor the Roe will see 1000 rwhp unless you throw some nitrous in the mix. They are not designed for that.

Not the Lysholm, but the Whipple............:dontknow:.............. twice the flow of the lysholm and more than twice the paxton......

But BARRY#2 is taking his time.

LitemUp said:
If you're ever in South Florida look me up I'll take you for a spin.
I will for sure:marchmellow:. Not gonna make it this Christmas, but I'll take some leave and be down there before too long. Where at in S Florida?

Edit: nevermind.. i looked lol

Last edited:
bigike said:
Not the Lysholm, but the Whipple............:dontknow:.............. twice the flow of the lysholm and more than twice the paxton......

But BARRY#2 is taking his time.

AAAAHHHHH, now that's something different all together. I thought we were talking about Paxton and Roe "Lysholm" units. If that's the case good luck on your 1000 rwhp odyssey. I would love to be proven wrong in this case.

o NO I'VE GOT NO ODYSSEY, I'm just hoping mine doesn't blow up.........................

but if they do a trade in program, i'm on it! :)

LitemUp said:
Yes they are, but they run out of blower because their engines flow much more air (ie have high flow heads, different intakes, low compression pistons, and stroked engines). If you build a motor forged the bottom, coat the pistons, keep the same compression, and stroke with a mild cam and miner work on the heads (ie polish, roller rocker, ti springs, and hardened push rods) install a 10lbs or even a 12lbs pulley, upgrade the fuel system, and meth injection you will be difinetly in the 800 rwhp ball park. Throw a little shot of laughing gas and you'll be knocking at the 900 rwhp door.

RedSRT007 - was pushing on his truck 680 with just meth, stock pulley, and otherwise stock engine. If I'm not mistaken

I for one hope that you guys can get into the 800 range with the Paxton. But recent events make me believe that is just not going to happen. The volume of air required for that kind of power output is more than a paxton can produce, even with custom pulley setups. They can drive the pressure, but not the volume. But hey what do I know? I have a ROE that is limited by an intake designed to be used on a stock motor, not a fully built one.

LitemUp said:
Here are a couple of 850 rwhp supercharged Viper the guy the built my truck did. Granted they are Vipers not Rams, but the 800 rwhp is obtainable with a Paxton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUNrTV9y5I0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92rzxwR82Mw&feature=related

Like I said, i hope you guys get it. I just do not see how a super built engine like Scrambler, RamFromHell, or FstJack failed to get those numbers and others have. Power is all about air and fuel. The more air and fuel you can burn, the more power you can make. So the super air flowing engines of those mentioned all topped at 650 ish. That is a result of air volume being maxed by the paxton head unit. How can anyone expect more than that? The only guess I have is that there are some who have been blessed with a generous dyno: ala the dyno results reported by BlakeWilder and his paxton.

In my mind, the top end power that is the selling point of the Paxton is no longer as cut and dry as it once was by virtue of the builds mentioned. But just like the originator of this thread posted, they are both good units. They do as they are advertised to do. And they are like comparing apples and oranges.

Take a 1" pipe, blow through it, no pressure (unless you have enough cfm) take that 1" pipe and neck it down to 3/8, you have resistance and pressure.

the Novi's problem is all the holes in those engines are to big there is no resistance and no pressure. so they need more flow or cfm.

the necked down engines will build lots of pressure but at a certain amount they loose efficiency and quite building hp................

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back