Roll Control / Line Lock Kit

azpyroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is to check the interest on me developing a roll control / line lock kit for our trucks.

I need at least 10 folks who would want them for me to develope the kit, and make the purchase of the line bending tools, and flanging, etc..

Kit would include:
Custom bent Lines w/ fittings
Roll Control Valve
Relay Pack/Harness
Release Switch
Light

Cost - I would venture guess around $125-150...

I will need several up close pics of master cylinders from 04 and 05 models (both QC and RC) to make sure that one kit will "fit all".

NOTE: Because of the nature of this kit (your breaking system), I would have a disclaimer regarding the kit, that removes me from liability)

WTF?! 06 doesn't get any love?!

UNfortunately, I have no use for one. . . . :eek: :)

azpyroguy said:
Mines an 06, so I did not feel the need to mention it...

Oh yeah, good point. :eek: :) :D

:drunk:

i already have one but I think its a great idea cuase making the brake lines is the hardes part. other than that anyone can install the rest.

im interested, but i have know idea what the difference between, riding the brakes and a line lock? yeah i know i dont know crap, but how does this product effect the rear diff.? from what i gather it locks up the front brakes, but does it release the rear brakes? are you able to shift? from first to second? im sure these are not the questions you want to hear but i just dont know! im about due for new tires and would like to vid of finishing off the old ones, oh yeah does it help at the strip? thanks Bill H

devildog02 said:
im interested, but i have know idea what the difference between, riding the brakes and a line lock? yeah i know i dont know crap, but how does this product effect the rear diff.? from what i gather it locks up the front brakes, but does it release the rear brakes? are you able to shift? from first to second? im sure these are not the questions you want to hear but i just dont know! im about due for new tires and would like to vid of finishing off the old ones, oh yeah does it help at the strip? thanks Bill H

Bill;

To answer your questions.

1. Yes, it only locks the front brakes. Basically you get to your burn out box, hold the brakes, press and release the button, then your rear wheels are free spinning with no resistance (other than road surface), because we have limited slip diffs both wheels will spin.

2. As your spinning, you can shift, but there really is no need to, because you dont need a ultra high speed spin to get them heated up.

3. Truck will not move forward, there will be no torsional load on the diff, you will not get pinion roll-up either, its easier on the whole drive system.

4. Once your happy with your burnout, hold on to steering wheel, ease out of throttle, and press the release switch again, this will free the front brakes, and allow the truck to move forward, and clean off the tires.

You can also use the same steps as a launching tool, but dont make them spin... it takes some practice for that to work properly however.

You can easily polish off a set of new or old tires with this setup and create all kinds of wonderful white smoke!! :D

spe_chati said:
Anybody using this system? How's it working?

The only ones in use are the ones that people have patched together, the plan is to create a kit that will fit all of our trucks, and offer as a nearly bolt on solution.

But right now, no "kit" exists, you have to buy the pieces and make it work yourself.

I only counted 4 people who stated they were actually 'in'. I guess not enough participation :(

Paul

amtrucker22 said:
I only counted 4 people who stated they were actually 'in'. I guess not enough participation :(

Paul

Looks that way at the moment... I might be able to do less... but would need participation in helping with the tooling required to come up with a functional kit... otherwise it would be a huge money loser for me....:(

I'd be "in" for one, if one did so in fact exist. Is this like the loch ness monster???

spe_chati said:
I'd be "in" for one, if one did so in fact exist. Is this like the loch ness monster???

At the moment one does not exist, this thread is the garner the interest level of having one for our trucks... so far only 5 of us want one... which is not enough to go in the production of them....

One offs... maybe.. but that could get pricey to build out...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back